Senior UX Designer
About Good Eggs
Good Eggs delivers absurdly fresh groceries, easy weeknight meal kits, pantry staples, and alcohol straight to your door. We are pioneering a better way for people to feed their family, without settling. We believe good food is the most powerful force for change: For our families, our farmers, our employees, and our environment.
About the Role
The Sr. Product Designer collaborates with our Sr. Product Manager to build out our product vision for Good Eggs. This role will be helping design and visualize the future of our end-to-end customer experience. We have been deep in customer needs research and are excited to bring on a designer to help us move our work forward. You will be setting the design direction for our digital products and prioritize with the leadership team. You will have a clear, measurable impact on the business— ranging from designing a product that becomes a grocery assistant for and creative food partner with our consumer.
- Advocate for design throughout the entire organization as you collaborate with other designers and teams to create the best possible outcome.
- Own the entire design process for your projects — translate research into new or iterative product ideas, create and socialize UX flows, then turn that work into high fidelity mockups ready to ship.
- Conduct lightweight research independently to inform design decisions and partner with our customer insights and analytics team to understand top priorities.
- Collect, encourage, and iterate on feedback across the organization.
- Sketch and appropriately prototype your ideas to quickly assess viability as you iterate on your work.
- Work closely alongside our senior product manager and engineering team as they build and ship your work.
- When creating or improving any feature within our application, think with patterns and systems in mind to allow our application to gracefully scale.
- 5+ years of experience as an individual contributor on an in-house Product Design team for a consumer product. Cross-device exposure a big plus.
- Proficient in prototyping using Sketch, Adobe’s Creative Suite, Invision, and Flinto or other comparable tools.
- Experience growing with a fast-paced start-up collaborating with cross-functional teams to create solutions that balance business needs and company mission, meeting measurable goals within specific timelines
- Comfortable enough with web technologies and iOS design patterns to understand their technical limitations and possibilities to help empower our engineers.
- Organized and insight-driven in approach with strong instincts around consumer behavior and conversion. Able to do conduct simple user research to validate designs and ID pain points.
- Exceptional written, verbal, and visual communication skills
- You hold a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Design
Note: Please submit with your application a portfolio with native and/or web projects that highlights an approach to problem-solving, as well as the solutions themselves. Case studies should demonstrate skills in research, user experience, visual design, and interaction design.
Why work for Good Eggs?
• Work for a purpose-driven company
• An incredible work environment with passionate, diverse, and accomplished team members
• Benefits include employer-assisted health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, 401k, flexible spending accounts (FSA), 20% off groceries, Flex vacation + 10 holidays, generous parental leave, & the opportunity for an unpaid sabbatical after 2 years.
• Meaningful equity is provided to all employees
• The opportunity to work for a pioneering company in a trillion dollar market that is quickly shifting online
• Guidance from an all-star board including Bill Gurley (Benchmark Capital, #2 on the Midas List), Danny Rimer (Index Ventures), Chuck Templeton (Managing Director of S2G Ventures and founder of Open Table), and Vishal Vasishth (Obvious Ventures).
Good Eggs provides equal employment opportunities for team members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, military status or disability in accordance with local, state and federal guidelines. We hire and promote individuals based on their qualifications for the position to be filled. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workforce.