Principal UX Researcher
We’re looking for an experienced UX Researcher to join our growing UX team to collaborate with product teams to build world-class product experiences in a creative, focused environment.
As a Principal UX Researcher at NuORDER, you will collaborate directly with the product and engineering. This would be an excellent opportunity for a seasoned qualitative researcher who is interested in building and applying their craft.
In addition to conducting primary research, we also enable the broader NuORDER team (engineers, product managers, designers, operations, etc.) to learn and apply research skills to global problems. You will play a role in shaping how we build research as a core competency across NuORDER and define how we put users first when conducting research.
Please note: We are open to candidates anywhere in Southern California or the Bay Area.
What will you do?
- Lead critical research efforts and conduct complex multi-phase, mixed-method studies that deepen our understanding of the user experience and drive product strategy
- Work in a highly collaborative fashion as a strategic partner to product managers, designers, and engineers to define both the long-term strategy and the short-term tactics for our products by grounding these decisions in user needs and insights
- Prioritize research needs and approaches across multiple work streams to work on the right project, scale, and scope at the right time and ensure impact by delivering actionable insights
- Enable other team members to learn and apply research skills by building research programs, platforms, and toolkits that empower them to conduct tactical research
- Build out NuORDER’s research practice and infrastructure. Source and manage research vendors to help augment the work of the research team.
- Disseminate research insights to evolve and enhance NuORDER’s understanding of user needs and identify innovative opportunities to meet those needs.
What are we looking for?
- Have 10+ years relevant user research experience working on digital experiences and specialize in generating actionable insights that drive impact; with a plus if your work includes eCommerce or enterprise products
- Can conduct complex research at scale and demonstrate the use of a variety of research methods, which may include qualitative interviews, surveys, ideation sessions, ethnographic field research, usability evaluation, and diary studies. You might be a mixed-methods researcher, however your strength is in qualitative research
- Can lead, design, execute, and communicate impactful research in a fast-paced, earlier stage product development process and know how to integrate research into product and design roadmaps
- Have a desire to do hands-on research on an early-stage team, from planning and recruiting to analysis and insights delivery
- Tell compelling stories and are skilled in explaining your work, process, and decisions to cross-functional stakeholders and crave feedback to help you produce your best work
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills and use them to effectively roll out large scale research programs
- Relentlessly focus on users and solving for their needs and wants. You put users first and have experience driving impact from insights
- Can balance working with urgency and focus with methodological rigor and adapt as needed for the situation
- You’ve built or scaled research platforms, systems, or programs at your workplace
NuORDER is the leading wholesale eCommerce platform. Brands &Retailers use NuORDER to deliver a seamless, more collaborative wholesale process, where buyers can browse products, plan assortments and make smarter buys in real-time. The NuORDER platform was engineered with flexibility and scale in mind, empowering businesses of all sizes with enterprise-level technology. Headquartered in Los Angeles, California; NuORDER connects more than 3,000 brands and 500,000 retailers globally, helping them grow and win together. For more information, visit www.nuorder.com
We’re creative, innovative, and helping businesses become more efficient. Ensuring that each member of our team feels fulfilled and on track to become the very best employee they can be is important - and we encourage our people to discover new ways of achieving specific goals. We fully believe that each and every individual part of our organization provides value, a new perspective and progress to NuORDER’s growth and success. Come join us so we can build together!
NuORDER offers a competitive salary and benefits package complete with health, dental, and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan, stock options, and flexible PTO.