Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on Linkedin, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Position
Twitch's community of streamers and viewers are at the heart of everything we build. The Twitch Advertising and Promotions product team is tasked with redefining these experiences for viewers, streamers, and advertisers. We are creating advertising products that support and sustain creators, engage their viewers in shared experiences, and help advertisers reach new audiences and potential customers.
We are looking for an, curious, and creative designer. As a User Experience Designer at Twitch, you will produce high-quality experiences which bring joy to people all over the world. UX designers are involved in every step of the process, from early ideation and definition with Product Managers and User Researchers, through to working with engineering to ensure the final product exceeds customer expectations.
- Deliver a cross-platform user experience that is simple and elegant
- Present and communicate your designs to the team and the greater organization to build consensus around your concepts
- Create detailed wire-frames, beautiful mockups, amazing prototypes, and help implement your designs to pixel perfection
- Test, learn, and iterate on everything you do
- Collaborate with a development team of product managers, engineers, and designers
- Learn from streamers and viewers about the ways they use our services and use your discoveries to envision the future of ads and promotions on Twitch
- Think creatively about how to sustain streamers' communities
- Give back to the design community at Twitch by using and improving existing patterns and components
- Combine qualitative and quantitative information to develop hypotheses about customer motivations and use that to improve your designs
- Present your work to others by participating in design reviews and feedback sessions
- Demonstrated UX and visual design skills building solutions for large-scale, complex systems
- Contributed to UI guidelines for a pattern library
- Produced prototypes for user research and engineering
- Have deep empathy towards users and communities around Twitch
- 3+ years of professional experience
- Empathy for the people using your software or products
- Formal education in Design, Interaction/UX Design or HCI
- Knowledge of prototyping tools or proficiency in front-end code (HTML/CSS/JS)
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.