At Flo, we aim to improve the health and wellbeing of every girl and woman worldwide. We help them put themselves first by giving them the space they can access the knowledge and support they need.
We're looking for a Senior UX writer who'll be responsible for our voice on the front-line, creating and curating user-interface content across the Flo app to develop a two-way conversation with our customers.
You will be joining at an exciting period of growth for the company. That’s why we need someone who sees the product through the users eyes and will champion the importance of strong, consistent messaging. Someone who can bring creativity and clarity to every touchpoint and can interpret complex concepts in an understandable and human way.
What you'll be doing:
- Writing clear, helpful and concise user-interface text across the user journey
- Connecting the dots between products and platforms, identifying cross-over and finding solutions that create consistency
- Acting as the point of contact and source of expertise for user experience writing and suggesting ways to improve existing processes
- Working with product managers and engineering developers and business owners to define and deliver the best experience
- Proactively seeking areas for improvement, communicating across teams and streams to find solutions
- Working closely with Localisation to ensure messaging and tone of voice is kept consistent across all languages
- Collaborating closely with designers, product managers and content editors
- Evangelising readability, usability and creativity
- Helping colleagues to become better writers by sharing best practice, collaborating, training
- Your portfolio speaks for itself. You've got several years experience of UX writing and have the projects to prove it
- You know the importance of creating clear flows and consistent experiences while making sure that all user interactions are initiated with the same voice
- You can make everything friendly, from call to action buttons and help messages to push notifications
- You enjoy demystifying complex jargon, processes and language into something everyone can understand.
- You’re highly collaborative and have the ability to communicate your ideas clearly backed up with rationale
- Highly curious, you value the importance of user research and you learn through experimentation and testing.
- Understanding what is practical and what causes problems, you can form proposals around these constraints and opportunities
- You adapt your tone so that it's just right for every stage along the user journey
- Competent with Figma and Invision and the ability to create and contribute to prototypes
- Experience working in an agile, start up environment
- High quality standards
- Supportive and open minded
- 5+ years of experience. Strong portfolio, preferably with mobile products