Senior UX Designer
Named one of Forbes’ Next Billion-Dollar Startups, FourKites is on a mission to transform the world’s supply chains with the most powerful technology on the planet. With a customer base that includes 18 of the top-20 food and beverage companies and nine of the top-10 CPG companies, the company combines the largest network of real-time logistics data with machine learning to help its customers lower costs, improve on-time performance and strengthen end-customer relationships. We are a customer-obsessed organization, wholeheartedly committed to helping our customers succeed and drive long-term value.
FourKites is looking for a UX champion that will take our products to the next level. The right candidate will live to solve real world problems by observing users in their natural environment, listen and read between the lines to identify true unmet problems. You will explore and evaluate possible design solutions that address user needs; test solutions for viability through a range of qualitative and quantitative methods; measure design and user performance to plan for future iterations; work closely with PM and engineering teams to optimize solutions for success and bring to market.
If this sounds like you, and you’re looking to join a hot growing Startup in a high-impact role, we want to meet you!
- You are a compelling storyteller, able to build empathy and convey the mindset of users to the broader organization.
- You have the ability to ask meaningful and impactful questions.
- You are an excellent listener with keen attention to detail.
- You love collaborating with others; they should also love collaborating with you.
- You are naturally inquisitive and love solving problems.
- You embrace ambiguity.
- You learn from failure.
- You are passionate about building, prototyping, and continually evolving digital products throughout the product lifecycle.
- You can convey concepts through sketches, flows, wireframes, clickable prototypes, etc. – whatever method you determine to be the most efficient and effective to gain alignment and support from your target audience.
- You’re a systems thinker; you can logically visualize complex systems and user interaction flows.
- You have the ability to learn new tools and do self-guided work within a fast-paced environment.
- Be responsible for your projects and ensure UX documentation is continuously updated and distributed with various stakeholders - Product, Engineering, and Business in a timely manner
- Contributes to early stage discovery and product definition by developing a deep understanding and definition of users, framing the problem, evaluating current state experiences and areas of competitive disadvantage, designing concepts and prototypes.
- Plans and conducts user research, user testing, and other activities that bring user feedback into the product design process; Regularly shares findings and insights with PM and Engineering.
- Facilitates design thinking workshops with customers and internal stakeholders.
- Translates business requirements and user needs into tangible interaction design through detailed user flows, wireframes, and low-fidelity prototypes.
- Works with the Director of UX and UX leads to streamline processes, workflows, and templates in support of lean and agile methodologies.
- Stays abreast of innovations in Supply Chain, UX best practices, interaction design trends and patterns, and tools/topics of interest to the UX community.
- Contributes thought leadership and evangelizes the value of UX to the broader business through lunch & learns, workshops, and other activities.
- Firm understanding of human-centered design and design thinking techniques.
- 5+ years of work experience in a product design/UX role.
- Demonstrated understanding of design, usability, and research best practices and standards.
- Familiarity with web accessibility guidelines and standards (e.g., AA and ADA) is preferred.
- A portfolio of work that demonstrates process/approach and the ability to communicate informed design rationale and value.
- Familiarity with delivering UX artifacts within an agile or lean framework (e.g., design sprints, dual-track agile); prior experience working with a product team is preferred.
- Experience with current design and rapid prototyping software, specifically Sketch + Invision.
- Practical knowledge of analytics/behavioral analytics tools such as Pendo and HotJar preferred.
- Experience with qualitative and quantitative user research methods.