At foodpanda, we’re on a mission to redefine how technology, food, people and culture all connect across the 150 cities and 12 countries we operate in. Our Tech & Product teams are working on big challenges and complex scalability problems that come with processing upwards of 500 million orders annually. You’ll play a key role within highly collaborative, cross-functional and agile squads comprised of frontend, backend and mobile engineers, in partnership with design and product owners.
Our tribes and squads operate in an open and fast-paced environment, with flat structures where everyone has a say. We are building large scale and complex systems where you can impact users on a global level whilst enjoying autonomy to influence within a flexible working environment. Here you can learn, thrive and grow to become a better engineer, designer or product manager.
UX Researcher (New Business), APAC
We are looking for a UX Researcher (New Business), APAC to join our Consumer Product team to help anticipate our customer's needs and deliver function and delight for everyone, everyday. If you’re a creative problem solver who is hungry for a new adventure, an international workplace is waiting for you in the heart of Singapore!
What's on the menu:
- You will autonomously manage and run multiple research projects with various complexities, ranging from tactical to strategic research that requires strong analytical skills.
- You will build and execute the research roadmap turning research into the strategic component of product development from reactive to proactive
- You will enhance and facilitate evidence-based decisions for product and design.
- You will utilize a variety of methods in our toolbox, develop and innovate on our user research practice. You will build a lightweight framework for non-researchers to participate in research initiatives.
- You will communicate and deliver meaningful research insights in effective, innovative, and impactful ways to a variety of audiences; from the design team, engineering team, to executive teams.
- You will collaborate with various stakeholders: proactively involve designers, engineers, & product managers in the research process and building relationships with market researchers and business analysts to deliver robust insights.
- You will mentor product designers and product owners to help them grow their UX research skills.
- You will support on-demand product designers working in cross-functional teams but you will stay outside the squad structure.
- You will be a key player of a user-driven culture and you will focus on impacting multiple levels of stakeholders up to C-level.
- You will influence the roadmap of the product based on customer insight and drive.
What you can bring to the table:
- 4 years + in a UX research related role.
- Experience in working with e-commerce products is a plus.
- A current online portfolio that demonstrates your knowledge, skills, and processes.
- Strong planning skills - you drive the research road-map, plan, and execute a wide variety of studies independently - interviews, tests, surveys, workshops, etc.
- Knowledge of what to do, when to do, why and how to do it. Being able to provide toolbox and lead the process of putting UX guidance in place.
- Knowledge around prototyping tools is a plus (sketch, principle, framer, etc.)
- Experience with prioritization - being able to provide high-value research in a fast-changing environment and meeting deadlines.
- Being able to marry qualitative and quantitative research.
- Higher education in Psychology, Sociology or a related field.
- Understanding human behaviour and translating qualitative data into deep, meaningful insights.
- Strong problem solving and analytical abilities.
- Results and impact-focused, keeping an eye on the overall outcome and desired impact.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Fluency in English required.
- Enthusiastic team player who empowers team members and motivates them.
foodpanda (small ‘f’) is the world’s favourite way to order food online from the comfort of your home or office. Whether it’s getting your hands on your favourite pasta, kebab or pizza, we believe that no one should have to suffer from hunger attacks ever again.
Our parent company, Delivery Hero, is a global leader in the food delivery industry processing over 3 million orders every day and operating in 40+ markets in the world, with 18,000 employees and approximately 500,000+ restaurant partners. In APAC, foodpanda operates in over 150 cities across 12 countries. Trivial problems can always become large technical challenges at scale. If you love technology, efficiency and simplicity as much as we do, there is no better place to experience this than in foodpanda.
We always genuinely care about experience, efficiency and scalability. We do not just solve technical problems but build the foundations for foodpanda’s operations with the best tools on hand.