Gusto is looking for an experienced Senior Designer to join our Product Design team. At Gusto, we design warm and sophisticated products that help small businesses hire, grow, and pay their teams.
As a Senior Product Designer, you'll take ownership of a large area of the Gusto HR product and be involved in the entire product development process – from early research and visioning to launching and iterating further. The efforts you drive will have a significant impact on how small businesses take care of their teams, including hiring, onboarding, growing, and retaining employees.
Our Product Design team helps small business owners run their companies and take care of their teams--a job that's more important now than ever. We design a product that's powerful enough to handle complex tasks like payroll, taxes, and benefits, while being easy (and sometimes even fun) to use. We take pride in being customer focused, talking to our users regularly, and designing for their needs.
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- A mix of UI, UX, and visual design - using Figma and leveraging our design system
- Conducting research to understand our customer’s needs and inform design solutions
- Designing easy-to-use flows and experiences that delight our customers
- Provide and seek feedback from other designers to push the quality bar
- Partner with PMs, engineers, and copywriters to create, launch, and improve user experiences across the product
- Contribute to high-level strategic decisions with the product team
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Strong UI, UX, and visual design skills, with a passion for design
- Optimistic maker attitude, with a desire to solve problems through design and iteration
- Good storytelling and communication skills, mixed with an enthusiasm for collaboration
- Experience designing and shipping complex products that customers love
- Industry experience with the whole design and development process, from brainstorming to post-launch research
- Experience conducting generative and evaluative user research and making design decisions based on your findings.
- Strong design craft and the ability to mentor other designers, elevating design at Gusto
- Personal alignment with Gusto’s mission and the impact we can have on the world
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Gusto considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Gusto is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.