Brand UX/UI Designer
Avant is dedicated to building premier digital banking solutions for the middle class through a combination of technology, analytics and superior customer service. Since 2012, Avant has connected over one million customers to $6.5 billion in loans and to 200,000 credit cards. A high growth financial technology company, Avant has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, TechCrunch, Fortune, Bloomberg, and has raised over $600 million of equity capital. Visit www.avant.com for more information.
Do you want to help a rapidly ascending FinTech company drive its next phase of growth? If so, Avant is looking for you. We’re building a best-in-class marketing organization, and there’s a lot of opportunity to grow your skills and your career here. Come join us!
Avant is looking for an experienced Visual/UX Designer who’s ready to help reimagine the look, feel, and usability of Avant’s digital products. Avant is on a mission to provide access to fair and transparent credit to customers who typically get left behind by banks. We’re redefining our brand vision, so this person is key in defining our visual brand identity and design system for our growing portfolio of products.
What you will do at Avant
- Develop standard UI components/patterns and style guides
- Create key visuals and working prototypes of components, pages and sites for presentation
- Support QA and UAT process to make sure features are implemented as intended
- Create mid-fidelity prototypes using InVision, Sketch, etc.
- Create marketing assets across channels, both digital and traditional
- Develop wireframes, storyboards, and flows to effectively communicate designs and UX
- Design for mobile-first experiences, both web and app Conduct usability testing on both concept designs and existing products
- Help define the visual brand of Avant
Why you are fit for Avant
- 5+ years of work experience in graphic / visual design environment or related fields
- BA or equivalent in Graphic Design, Visual / Communication Design
- You are an Adobe wizard able to produce beautiful and effective visual assets (experience in Sketch and Invision is a bonus)You understand the complex interplay between design and content in digital experiences
- You are excited about working on UI, UX, and even user research projects, as necessary
- You get that new insights can mean new direction, and you’re flexible enough to adapt
- Solid understanding of grid systems and typography
- Passion for producing exceptionally high-quality visual solutions
- An enthusiastic, take-charge attitude, coupled with a desire to learn
- Bonus: experience with motion graphics, animation, and visual/audio production
Why Avant is a fit for you:
At Avant, we believe our values make a difference:
We value, support, and help each other grow
We are committed to active inclusion and diversity
We are transparent and believe the best idea wins
We succeed when our customers succeed
We get sh!t done… responsibly
And we keep it fun!
We believe that ideas are more important than titles, everything is more fun together, everyone drives change, and everyone is an owner. While we believe the perks and benefits that we offer are terrific, nothing excites us more than having the ability to collaborate with intelligent, highly-motivated and talented people on challenging problems as we work to change the face of online lending.
Avant is an equal opportunity employer and individuals seeking employment are considered without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation or gender identity), age, disability or genetic information or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local law, regulation or ordinance.