Senior UX Consultant
At DevFacto, we are agents of change. We are in the business of solution discovery, creation, and technology innovation. We elevate our customers by building well-crafted solutions to solve their technology challenges, while delivering a customer experience rooted in care, trust, and attention. We do more than build great tech - we build software humans love to use.
You don't hang out in the comfort zone. You're constantly pushing the limits to produce exceptional results – now you're ready to help others do the same.
DevFacto is seeking a Senior UX Consultant to join our team! In this role, you will work with multiple clients across different business verticals as a trusted advisor and UX practitioner to champion user-centric solutions for all DevFacto engagements. Your day-to-day will involve supporting the UX Process including, but not limited to research activities, identification of design limitations, proposal of visual designs, workshop facilitation, and testing in an iterative fashion. Our team of high-performing UX/UI consultants that are exceptional at what they do.
This future DevFactonian will combine their keen design skills, technical skills, consulting skills, and passion for innovative user-focused solutions to interpret complex business challenges into solution designs for clients. We will look to you to provide insights and design thinking to the development and deployment of product solutions.
As our Senior UX Consultant, you will impact on DevFacto solutions by:
- Elevating DevFacto solutions across all practice areas by diving into what is possible to ensure our solutions focused on solving real human challenges, not just latest technology;
- Leading research activities by defining our clients’ product vision, not limited to analytics review, user surveys, user persona development, card sorting, and usability testing;
- Synthesizing gathered research, designing, testing (where appropriate), and delivering wireframes, mock-ups and prototypes that lead to intuitive user centered outcomes;
- Receiving and providing engaged mentorship through contributing to the growth and development of team members through influence, mentoring, coaching, and sharing experiences;
- Engaging in continuous learning, education, and maintain relevant certifications.
- 5+ years' of professional experience with User Experience (UX), including the ability to lead and be involved in all phases of the UX Design Process;
- Experience defining current and future state activities as related to project outcomes;
- Demonstrated proficiency in following design and protyping software such as Sketch, Figma, Adobe XD, Adobe Creative Cloud applications and MS office suite;
- Ability to work effectively both independently and collaboratively as part of a team setting;
- Excellent public speaking and presentation skills;
- Experience in Agile/ Scrum methodology;
- Post secondary education in related field, such as UX Design, Visual Communication Design, Digital Media, Industrial Design, Computing Science, or Social Sciences.
- Experience in an IT Consulting environment is considered an asset;
- Preference will be given to candidates who have experience designing complex solutions for complete digital applications;
- Industry certifications, such as Nielson Norman Group, Human Factors International, and Interaction Design Foundation are considered an asset.
What DevFacto can offer you
- A culture that both wows our customers and employees;
- Variety of work, challenging projects, and the ability to work with leading-edge technologies;
- Competitive salary & group benefits;
- Generous training opportunities;
- Flexible hours, creative workspaces with games, and a fully stocked kitchen;
- Diverse team social events.
Don't Check All the Boxes?
We are a creative and results-driven bunch that appreciates diverse backgrounds and experiences. The above is a description of the ideal blend of knowledge and skills we are looking for in the perfect candidate. If you meet most but not all the requirements and are a growth-focused professional who isn't standing still when it comes to learning, we encourage you to apply, even if you don't check all the boxes.
Since 2007, DevFacto stood apart from the crowd by focusing on a simple equation: happy employees = happy customers. Through continued dedication to employee well-being and corporate culture, DevFacto has quickly become a sought-after workplace, recognized in the industry for balancing fast-growth with cultural excellence.
At DevFacto, we're more than a great work environment, benefits and a good time. We are a team of collaborative professionals dedicated to our craft, and powered by a supportive work culture at all levels. Do what you do best, while growing with some of the best in the industry. Are you ready to join us?