Senior UI Designer
We are looking for a talented Senior UI Designer to join a new design team. You will be working with Product Managers, Designers and Engineers to deliver market leading products which deliver the highest impact, usability and success.
You will be central to establishing our visual language and ways of working as we start designing complex products and build out our design system. We are looking for someone who is an expert in visual design, motivated, and enjoys learning new concepts in complex domains.
What you’ll be doing
* Creating pixel perfect visual designs for complex products.
* Delivering visual concepts in the early stages and detailed UI designs later on.
* Communicating the rationale behind your design decisions. Explaining why something is a good solution, the problem it solves, and why it is better than alternative solutions.
* Working with Brand to create design guidelines and set our benchmark for what good looks like.
* Collaborating with other UI designers and UX designers on flows, interactions, and aesthetics to raise the quality of the team’s output.
* Collaborating with Engineers to ensure an efficient and high quality build.
* Staying on top of new ideas and best practice in UI design to keep improving the team’s work.
* Helping establish an inclusive, collaborative, and creative team culture.
* Contributing to and evolving our design system.
What we are looking for
* Visual design expertise with strong abilities in typography, color, layout, hierarchy.
* 5+ years experience in visual design.
* Thorough understanding of how design can meet brand and business objectives.
* Working collaboratively with Product Managers, Designers and Engineers.
* Excellent attention to detail.
* Expertise with tools such as Figma, Sketch and Adobe Creative Suite.
* Very good level of spoken and written English.
Useful experience you may have
* Designing complex products with significant scope.
* Good understanding of UCD.
* Creating, using and improving a design system.
* Data visualisation, motion design, or iconography.
* Working as part of a team split across multiple locations.
* Working in Agile methodologies.
Personal skills we believe will bring success
* Collaboration skills.
* Strong communication skills.
* Ability to see problems from different perspectives.
* The drive to keep trying different solutions for a problem until it is solved.
* A team player who cares about doing a great job, seeks out feedback and looks to improve.
* A portfolio demonstrating how you work as well as your end product is needed.
At ION, we’re a diverse group of visionary innovators
Enabling financial institutions of all sizes to compete effectively and deliver differentiated offerings to their clients at reduced cost and complexity
#1 partner of choice for trading solutions and infrastructure with financial institutions across the world
We are innovators: we’re a diverse group of visionary innovators
We are imaginative: We believe in creating rather than patching. We are not limited by the status quo when looking for ways to define our systems or processes.
We are rigorous: Our systems play a critical role within our clients’ businesses, so our experts do things right first time, with exceptional quality
We think long-term: We balance short-term opportunities with long-term sustainable relationships. We invest in R&D that shapes the future of automation and hence opportunities for our clients’ businesses
We progress together: Personal development at ION is collaborative and mutually beneficial. We inspire each other to succeed through a positive culture and continuous improvement.