Equinox Media was formed with the aim of developing transformative technologies, media, and experiences that inspire and equip consumers to pursue fitness every day, harnessing the power of Equinox Group’s preeminent brands, talent, and geographic footprint. In March 2020, Equinox Media debuted Variis, a first-of-its kind fitness platform powering two products: the Variis mobile app and the SoulCycle at-home bike. Variis provides access to expert guidance from industry-leading brands across modalities—wherever you are, whenever you’re ready. The world has yet to see a more powerful fitness collective, and this is just the beginning.
Equinox Media is a subsidiary of Equinox Group—a high-growth collective of the world's most influential lifestyle brands that are disruptive leaders in the convergence of fitness, experiences, and community. Equinox Group's ecosystem of brands also includes Equinox, Equinox Hotels, SoulCycle, Precision Run, Blink Fitness, Furthermore, PROJECT by Equinox, E by Equinox, PURE Yoga, and Equinox Explore.
Equinox Media, the first digital + physical fitness subscription featuring preeminent fitness content across modalities (cycling: SoulCycle; run: Precision Run; strength: Equinox, etc.), is seeking a UX Researcher to deliver human-centered insights that help inform and shape our product portfolio. The UX Research Manager will use both qualitative and quantitative methods to design and conduct research studies to uncover customer pain points and also identify areas of opportunities for growth and innovation. In this role you will work across the entire product-life-cycle, conducting research studies that span all the way from generative to evaluative research. You will deliver high-quality and impactful insights in a creative and compelling way. As a member of the research team, you will partner closely with product managers, designers, operations, and business teams to understand users’ wants and needs to make sure that we are creating the best user experience for our customers across hardware and software. The ideal candidate will be self motivated, agile, and have a growth mindset.
- Support the ideation and development of innovative products.
- Lead the design and execution of research studies from beginning to end (e.g. develop screeners, create discussion guides, manage recruitment and moderate sessions) that address user attitudes and behavior throughout the entire product-life-cycle.
- Conduct both qualitative and quantitative user research studies using methods such as; in-person and remote moderated interviews, unmoderated studies, ethnographies, surveys, contextual inquiries, co - creation, card sorts, diary studies, concept testing, benchmarking/competitive analysis, etc.
- Work collaboratively and cross-functionally with product managers, designers, operations, and business teams.
- Deliver and communicate human-centered insights, findings, and recommendations that help both inform and shape our product strategy in creative and compelling ways.
- Present these insights at the executive level as well as the ground level - being able to go deep at the drop of a hat, while also being able to hit the headlines for a quick summary.
- 3+ years of relevant work experience
- Excellent knowledge of qualitative and quantitative research methods
- Experience synthesizing findings and in turing insights into action
- Strong problem solver with curious mindset
- Experience using remote research and survey tools such as usertesting.com, Qualtrics, and DScout
- Excellent communication – written and verbal, active listening and organization skills
- Positive attitude; passion for storytelling and being part of a growing brand
- Self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic start-up environment
- Excellent project management and organizational skills, with strong attention to detail
- Have a key understanding of the ever-changing landscape of the digital world
Equinox Media is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate unique points of views & experiences across age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability & ethnicity in building the future of our digital business. We aren’t just a company; we’re a community vested in each other’s success. We value humility and a team approach at every level of the company. We want to inspire a workplace where individuals embrace their differences and similarities, where we are building products and experiences that inspire and improve people's lives.