Visual + UX Designer
African Leadership International
VISUAL + UX DESIGNER
ABOUT THE AFRICAN LEADERSHIP GROUP
In 2035, Africa will have the largest workforce in the world and will need to catalyse transformation by empowering its largest untapped resource - its people. Fuelled by this, the African Leadership Group is an ecosystem of institutions with a shared moonshot vision to harness Africa's abundant human capital and transform the continent and the world by selecting, developing, and investing in 3 million ethical and entrepreneurial leaders by 2035. ALG was founded over 15 years ago by Fred Swaniker, a serial entrepreneur recognised by Time Magazine as one of the 100 most influential people of 2019 and his partners. The Group has also been recognised by Fast Company when ALU was awarded as 2019's most innovative company in Africa for "remaking education for a new era". As a Group, our focus is to continue scaling this mission at a pace never seen before.
ALX is a Leadership Development platform driven by an audacious goal to develop 3 million young leaders over the next 15 years. ALX offers a revolutionary learning model that empowers young leaders across Africa to unlock their potential by instilling 21st century skills and mindsets that equip them to tackle challenges, capture and create opportunities for millions more to accelerate their impact in Africa and beyond. The main benefits of working for ALX are:
- A chance to make history: Become part of the team who is developing 3M leaders for Africa and help us convert a potential crisis into an era of global innovation & prosperity
- A powerful network: Join our powerful network of thousands of talented individuals who are living impactful lives across industries and geographies
- Professional development: Get access to the learning programs that made us the most innovative company in Africa for “remaking education for a new era”
- A talented & diverse team: Join a group of top performers coming from across the world and work alongside them in a fast-paced, impact-driven, environment
- Autonomy & empowerment: Enjoy the autonomy of working remotely and be empowered to achieve clear and ambitious goals in an outputs-driven organization
YOU WILL THRIVE AT ALX IF...
- Initiative & Courage: You have an owners’ approach and you are proactive with what needs to be done; you also embrace risks and failure
- Humility & Adaptability: You have a beginners’ mindset and you always seek to learn; you are also flexible and embrace pivoting
- Possibility & Adventure: You are passionate about life, you have a growth mindset and you can thrive on uncertain circumstances and uncharted territory
- Resilience: You tackle difficult situations with a can-do attitude and are relentless in the pursuit of your goals
- Emergent Leadership: You are aware, and can manage, your emotions and those of others very well, you also have an empathetic, collaborative approach to leadership and you love working with others
- Creative Mentorship
- Radical growth and development
- Working on solving one of the biggest challenges in the African Continent
- Fully remote working environment
JOB MISSION & GOALS
The mission of this job is to create a powerful, transformative and bold visual experience for young african leaders. By bringing our brand to life, we are able to connect millions of young leaders to the skills, mindsets, opportunities and experiences they need to lead a meaningful life of impact
Some of the job’s goals and activities are:-
he mission of this job is to create a powerful, transformative and bold visual experience for young african leaders. By bringing our brand to life, we are able to connect millions of young leaders to the skills, mindsets, opportunities and experiences they need to lead a meaningful life of impact
Some of the job’s goals are:-
- Bringing the brand to life across a wide range of platforms, outputs and projects through visual design and content creation.
- Supporting the organization with the tools, templates and processes to enable self-serving and brand consistency.
- Ensuring a powerful experience for both our users, internal teams
- Every project brings the opportunity to work on something new, to grow and to expand your skills
- You have 4 - 8 years work experience.
- You have a portfolio
- Art Direction / Digital Design skills ( Social, Digital, Web & Print )
- Photo Processing: You can edit photos to enhance its image
- UX / Design Thinking: You can problem solve creatively with user needs in mind
- Content / Storytelling Creation: You can create engaging content that has story flow
- You are proficient in using design tools such as: Adobe Suite ( After Effects, Premiere and Lightroom, Photoshop, Illustrator ), Canva and Google Suite
- Collaboration: You can collaborate with others to achieve a goal
- Communication skills: You can communicate efficiently in speech and writing.
- Project Management: You can successfully manage resources to complete projects on time and within constraints
- Exploration & Experimentation: You are open to testing and exploring new ideas
- Check Your Ego Mindset: We’re here to create powerful experiences for people across Africa.
- Humans First Mindset: Our people, our teams, they’re human beings, not numbers or likes. We create to empower real people.
- Create Awesome Mindset
We would also like to remind you that this is a remote job ;)
Would you like to join us as we work hard, have fun and make history?