Product Design Lead
Urban Sports Club
Reporting into the Chief Product and Technology Officer the Product Design Lead is a key role within the Product Development Leadership Team. It is the most senior design role within the company, being not only responsible for the UX and design of our products but also to be an advocate of customer-centricity across the organisation.
The Product Design Lead will lead, coach and mentor a small team of highly talented Product Designers while still being hands-on. We are looking for somebody not only seeing the big picture but also having an eye for the details. You are able to push things through from pixels to design systems. We expect you to always take a customer-centric, user experience first approach when solving problems and delight our customers with beautiful, convenient, consistent but simple solutions. You emphasise with the customer and understand that good design sits at the intersection between business and customer needs and you are not afraid “to fight” on behalf of our users. We are looking for a passionate, driven and creative individual with strong influencing and collaboration skills. Being able to communicate and convince others of the importance of design is key. You need to be able to explain the rationale of our design strategy and decisions, the process behind and how those decisions are made. Your ultimate goal is to continuously raise the bar of our products and bring the overall user experience to the next level.
- Research, plan and design the user experience for our websites as well as our mobile apps and B2B web applications serving our sports community of hundred thousands of members and partners
- Be responsible for the entire design journey and design system from wireframes to finished products.
- Own, drive and communicate the design strategy and objectives within the product development team and to other stakeholders
- Conduct and drive usability testing to improve existing and design new features
- Create a consistent approach and process for our design efforts and embed it into our product development process
- Be an advocate for customer-centricity and speak on behalf of our users
- Continuously raise the bar and iteratively improve the user experience based on feedback from customers and other stakeholders
- Collaborate and work closely with our marketing- and brand teams
What you need to succeed
- 6+ years of experience as a UX & UI Designer with expertise in design thinking and building web- as well as mobile applications
- Experience in leading other designers and building a portfolio of applications
- Get things done attitude, used to work in a fast paced environment
- Experience with lean and agile development principles
- You love interacting with customers to collect feedback and insight to improve our products and services
- Experience with user research including (lean) usability testing, guerilla testing, focus groups and customers interviews
- Experience with A/B testing and conversion funnel optimization
- Ability to clearly articulate your UX/UI strategy to the entire team
- Able to influence stakeholders at various levels of seniority
- An ambition to continuously learn and improve yourself and others (getting better at getting better)
Our offer to you
- Until we have beat this pandemic, we’re working in hybrid mode where we encourage you to work from home, while still giving you the possibility to meet colleagues to collaborate onsite
- The opportunity to have a measurable impact within an innovative and performance-driven company, further shaping how people find and enjoy their favourite sport
- “Workout. Life. Balance.” Life happens, and work can’t always come first. We support you in finding a way to balance the two
- An autonomous work environment that embraces ownership, where everyone's opinion is equally valuable. Whether you’re an Intern or an Executive, we want to hear your ideas
- Regular digital team events and other initiatives helping employees to stay productive, healthy and engaged during hybrid mode
- Many additional perks including: choice of computer/technology, dog friendly workplace, fully equipped kitchens with healthy snacks & beverages, employee referral bonuses, and more
- A free Urban Sports Club L Membership (even during lockdown with our live online classes!)
Urban Sports Club is committed to providing a friendly, safe, and welcoming environment for everyone who works here or with us, regardless of their sports preferences, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, or religion (or lack thereof).