Senior UI/Product Designer
AnalogFolk is a global digital creative agency, independently owned since 2008. Our mission is to use digital technology to make the analog world better – creating more intuitive customer journeys, enabling more customer-led uses of data, integrating seamless tech and building breakthrough campaigns.
We have offices in Amsterdam, London, New York, Portland, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Singapore and Sydney, partnering with brands including Nike, Tommy Hilfiger, Hyundai, Michelob Ultra, Maybelline and Unilever. Winner of Campaign’s Global Digital Innovation Agency of the Year 2019
Senior UI Designer
Senior UI Designers are restless in their desire to do work that goes beyond the expected and is genuinely remarkable. They are passionate about making things and prototyping early in order to learn. They are tenacious problem solvers who always find a way. They are key individuals who play a major role in project teams, from developing early ideas right through to delivery of a product or service.
As a Senior UI Designer, you will be part of a dedicated team AF responsible for defining and creating a new financial platform and proposition for a global client. We will be moving quickly to establish an MVP from which we can learn from and enhance as design sprints progress throughout the year.
You’ll be responsible for the team's design output and collaborate with a mix of user experience designers, developers, content editors and data scientists, so we can deliver key features and journeys across markets, resulting in high quality designs at the end of each sprint cycle.
You’ll be required to regularly play back your work to the AF leadership team and you will also be comfortable workshopping and presenting solutions with our clients, demonstrating your approach and decision making with the support of the wider team.
- 8+ years of experience in digital products & services
- At least 1+ years of experience in financial servicesPrimarily focus on leading the visual design output of a large initiative You're experienced leading design in cross-functional, scrum/agile product teams
- Managing colleagues upwards and downwardsCan work at pace in agile sprint cycles and under pressureIs familiar with current product design processes and practices
- Create a range of design deliverables from design concepts / templates & components / development ready specs / design system assets
- Comfortable collaborating and presenting work to clients and partnersCollaborating with UX/CX and design for behavioural change
- Understanding of how to design and test using metrics
- Extensive experience with software such as Sketch, Abstract & InvisionBe based at AnalogFolk office in Farringdon with occasional co-location at client office in Waterloo.Collaborating with other scrum teams based overseas and sharing design assets.
Day to day responsibilities can include:
- Contribute to decision making by being the advocate for designBe the owner of the design language for this sector / platform
- Work alongside your cross-functional team to create best in class user experienceProactively working with other design teams - both at AnalogFolk and within the clients organisation.
- Creating development ready designs and also prototyping where valuable
- Ensuring alignment with existing design language and interaction patternsIdentifying opportunities to create business value and improve the user experience
- Presenting your work to external clients, explaining your design process and rationaleHelping define the design approach and project timingsEnsuring deliverables and deadlines are metWorking with the defined project tools such as Jira, monday.com, slack
Characteristics and Qualities
- Proactive and able to identify opportunities without instruction
- Collaborative and can work well with people across different departments
- Ability to think flexibly and strategically about problem solving
- Good communicator with excellent oral and written skillsExperience/or understanding of FS desirableAccomplished in designing engaging experiences with measurable resultsGood attention to detail
How We Work:
How We Work: The office is currently open three days a week Tuesday to Thursday if Folks want to work from there. There is no pressure for Folks to work from the office and we only ask Folks to use the office if it is essential for their work, they feel safe, and they want to work from there.
As we are operating a temporary remote working model, we set up your home working environment like you are in the office and make sure you get the AF experience from day one, but from your home. Working remotely means we can embrace flexible working and we believe individuals can manage their own time and work, depending on their personal situations. As long as our work is delivered on time and to our high standards, we don’t mind how employees work.
We are an equal opportunity employer and this is reflected in our diversity numbers. The gender split is 51% to 49% male to female employees, with 34% of our leadership team are people of colour. We still have work to do but are proud of what we have achieved so far. Our global targets are 50% females and 25% POC in our leadership team across the agency by 2023.