Ruby Labs Ltd (RL) is a fast-growing start-up established in London in 2018. RL operates the biggest astrology mobile app with the mission to educate people by simplifying astrology for greater awareness, and on its track to launch the mobile fitness app in early 2021.
We are looking for a talented, empathetic, organised and critical thinking UX Researcher to enhance our Product’s digital flow with high-quality user-oriented design solutions.
As a UX Researcher, you will play a critical part in the Design Thinking Process by supporting the entire research process, collaborating closely with cross-functional counterparts in Product Management, Product Design, Marketing, and Development to influence key strategy and execution decisions. You will help define future features and products as you spearhead a human-centered decision-making process and develop the most useful and usable product experiences for a global audience.
- Understand our users problems and challenges by applying various research methods and approaches (quantitative and qualitative)
- Work closely with key stakeholders to identify research objectives
- Develop research plans with clear objectives
- Create usability research screeners and discussion guides
- Conduct stakeholder and user interviews
- Listen, observe, and ask the right kinds of questions to gather insights that can be turned into actionable ideas
- Collate all findings and communicate them to all key stakeholders in clear, actionable and engaging way
- BA/BS degree in Anthropology, Human Factors, Psychology, HCI/Computer Science, related field or equivalent practical experience.
- 3+ years of relevant work experience within User Experience Research, applied research setting, and/or product research and development.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to justify design decisions and articulate alternative design approaches;
- Skill to conduct and prepare research; Wrap it up as simple to read & understand document; Present he/her’s finding with larger group.
- Experience with a variety of qualitative and/or quantitative testing methods, which may include interviews, surveys, ideation sessions, ethnographic field research, usability evaluation, statistical modeling, and diary studies.
Nice to have
- Master's degree or PhD in a related field.
- Experience integrating user research into product designs and design practices.
- Design thinking methods, co-design sessions, and facilitation skills.
- Strong interest in social and entertainment apps, user and influencer behavior, and associated trends.
You will be joining a strong team of ~40 people passionate about building the best-in-class product. RL has incredible team members, users, and ambitions... which is where you come in.
This is a fantastic opportunity to build and grow one of the most exciting astrology products which will shape the future of how people consume astrology services.
We are a remote-first company, and our product team is distributed across Europe while our chat operators and content management are located on-site in Malta. This was a deliberate choice to prioritise work-life balance and ensure we're able to accommodate the best people in Europe, whilst fostering diversity.
“When we are kind, it is not only good for the object of our kindness; it is also good for our own health and happiness.” Professor Stephen Post, author of “Why Good Things Happen to Good People”
Cultivate a work environment where all team members feel respected, treated fairly, empowered, recognized, safe, and heard—one where they have the opportunity to excel. An environment in which everyone truly feels included.
Work-life balance is the state of equilibrium where a team member equally prioritizes the demands of one's career and the demands of one's personal life.
Constant personal and professional growth. More than just acquiring new skills, it’s about learning from our experiences and seeing failure as a path to success.
Competitive remuneration, Culture of continuous learning, Flexible vacation policy.
Regular employment in UK or Malta or Contractor agreement for the team members distributed across Europe (non-UK/Malta).