Lead UX Designer
Qualio is a tech startup that is the first cloud quality management software for the entire Life Sciences ecosystem. Medical device and pharmaceutical companies need a secure and scalable quality management system with the flexibility to support their evolving needs. Qualio meets that challenge by cutting through the complexity to optimize and automate critical quality processes.
With a remote-first, office agnostic approach, the Qualio team is distributed across North America and Europe.
What’s the opportunity?
We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced, Lead UX designer to join our dynamic, collaborative and remote-first Qualio team!
As part of our exciting expansion plans, we are looking for a lead designer who will be joining our ever-growing, passionate Product team. You will be working across every part of our platform, having the unique hands-on opportunity to make a huge impact on the entire application. In addition to designing the end to end experience of the product, the lead designer will also re-architect the information workflow in the product and build a design system in the process. We are looking for someone who would thrive in a start-up environment where there are plenty of opportunities to bring their experience, creativity and entrepreneurial spirit to not just manage to completely own and have a real impact on the user experience.
What will I be doing?
As part of this role you will be:
- Designing simple, elegant, user-centric experiences that delight users
- Partnering with UX Research for user discovery and identify workflows
- Define the user experience, interactions, and user interface through user flows, information architecture and visual design
- Build functional prototypes to validate and usability test your designs
- Lead and shape the design vision for qualio
- Lead a team of designers to drive them towards that vision
What do you need?
- 3-5 years of experience as a UX interaction Designer role building B2B enterprise products from concept to completion
- Has led large complex initiatives within organizations that involve multiple stakeholders and teams
- Skilled ‘visual’ storyteller who can develop concepts to delight customers and deliver business results
- Ability and experience to implement strategic and conceptual thinking into the design vision
- A compelling portfolio of work that demonstrates high-quality design work and deep design thinking
- Deeply collaborative, partnering closely with product managers and engineers to deliver solutions that solve the customer problem;
- Influence and engage with the broader team on design vision
- Your a dynamic, go-getter who would thrive in a fast-paced tech startup environment
- You live and work in the US/UK without visa restrictions.
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills (in English)
- Strong team player with a collaborative mindset
- Bonus points for previous UX research experience and team management experience
In addition to playing an important role in building Qualio, you'll receive:
- Competitive salary
- Matching 401k
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Company allowance for home office supplies
- 12 weeks paid parental leave
Why should I choose Qualio?
- Contribute to something life-changing: We have a great mission to build easy, scalable and trusted products that genuinely make a difference in helping life-saving products get to market and you get to play a huge part in that
- We are super proud of our culture: We have a growing team of truly great, dynamic and genuine people who has strong values around communication and collaboration
- Autonomous working environment: we value the employees we hire and that means no micro-managing, our employees have the autonomy to make their own role a success
- Strong reward & recognition culture
- Fun company retreats twice a year: As a remote company, we want all teammates to have the opportunity to meet face to face with each other, helping us stay connected in our remote environment.
- Complete remote-based role: Enjoy contributing to the success of Qualio from the comfort of your own home
- Did we mention we offer UNLIMITED holiday / PTO?!: Yes, really. Having a work/life balance is incredibly important if you’re going to function at your best.
- Professional development stipend: "Always Curious" is one of our core values, so we're invested in the growth and development of our teammates.
- Working space allowance/home office budget: We want to ensure your workspace is as comfortable and productive as possible, so we help you make that happen.
- Stock Options + a Competitive Salary!