We’re looking for product designers in NYC to help change the future of medicine.
Note: This role is based in our NYC HQ; however, our office is closed through June 2021.
Of the several thousand known diseases that affect humans, only ~500 have treatments; few have cures.
Despite advances that have made the discovery of new drug candidates faster than ever, thousands of potential treatments remain "on the shelf," untested, because of the enormous bottleneck of putting them through clinical trials. On average, getting a drug through the trial process takes nearly a decade and frequently costs over $1B -- and over time, the problem has only gotten worse. As a result, only a select few treatments ever get a shot at reaching patients who need them. To make matters worse, the high cost of clinical trials often results in high drug prices for patients.
TrialSpark is a new healthcare company on a mission to bring treatments to patients faster and more efficiently by reimagining clinical trials.
Join us in building a tech platform and brand that changes the way physicians, researchers, and patients work together to advance medical research.
As a Product Designer focused on Visual/UI Design at TrialSpark, you will have a key role in envisioning the user experience in collaboration with the rest of the design team. You will own the end-to-end visual design process across all of TrialSpark’s product surfaces, starting with web and expanding to include iOS and Android, as well as email and print assets. Using your strong sense of aesthetics and production know-how, you’ll create beautiful and functional designs to make our products easy and delightful to use.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Designing interfaces and creative assets, crafting engaging experiences for our medical, technical, and patient users alike
- Creating mockups and clickable prototypes to concisely communicate and solicit feedback on intended functionality and UI behavior from team, stakeholders, and users
- Understanding, leveraging and extending our design system to deliver a consistent and rich app experience
- Collaborating with developers to craft technically mindful experiences
- Evolving the company’s tools, processes, and communication around design system and asset management
- Collaborating closely with Design and Product teams to align on delivery expectations and timelines
- Mentoring and sharing know-how around visual design with your other design team peers
- Bringing a point-of-view around visual style, helping key stakeholders make decisions around the aesthetic direction of product and marketing
You may be a good fit if you:
- Have 3+ years of experience shipping product, with a track record of shipping beautiful visual designs and intuitive experiences on both mobile and web
- Have experience designing for both consumer and enterprise users
- Have experience working with design systems and maintaining organized asset management systems
- Are proficient with industry-standard design tools (i.e. Figma, Illustrator)
- Are able to create motion graphics to help illustrate key product concepts and to breathe life into interfaces (e.g. Framer, Principle, AfterEffects)
- Are knowledgeable about technical limitations as they relate to visual design and performance (bonus points if you have HTML/CSS/front-end web development experience!)
- Are able to create beautiful bespoke illustrations and iconography for both in-product and marketing purposes
- Are collaborative and value having other designers, engineers, marketers, and PMs involved in your work
- Are self-organized with your time and work, and seek out resources to accomplish projects and navigate ambiguity
- Are motivated by a mission, exhibiting genuine passion for your work and the products/brands that you’ve worked on
- Are investigative and inquisitive about product goals from a company, industry, and user perspective (No prior healthcare experience is required, but you will be designing for researchers, data analysts, and medical users!)