We help businesses manage facilities and equipment by providing mobile-first software solutions, data-analytics tools, enterprise integrations, cutting edge IoT technology, and top-notch professional services.
UpKeep is a California-based Series B tech startup with thousands of customers around the world. We’ve raised $50M in venture capital, and employ over 100 team members across the United States. UpKeep became the #1 cloud-based asset and maintenance management software by constantly thinking of new ways to solve problems for our customers. Regarding company culture, we strive to create a supportive and inclusive workplace where everyone has an opportunity to learn, grow, and make a meaningful impact.
What you'll do:
- Work with Product and Engineering to define product strategy
- Design cohesive experiences that solve user problems
- Solicit design feedback from peers, stakeholders, and users, and then iterate based on learnings
- Identify product opportunities that maximize value for our customers and business
- Collaborate with other designers to scale and maintain a design system
- Build a holistic understanding of the business, industry, and competitors
- Conduct user interviews, observations, and usability tests
- Facilitate cross-functional discovery/design workshops
- Work with Customer Success to establish a customer feedback → product backlog pipeline
What we're looking for:
- 2+ years of product/UX/UI design experience across web and mobile
- Ability to communicate design ideas via sketches, wireframes, and prototypes
- Experience using Figma to create prototypes and hi-fidelity designs
- Experience marrying UX/interaction design with pixel-perfect visual design
- Strong communication skills, and the ability to present to large groups
- Ability to own long-term design projects, while also implementing iterative checkpoints to consistently deliver value
- Growth mindset - not afraid to make mistakes, try new things, and keep learning!
- Technical enough to discuss implementation details with engineers
Full-time team members at UpKeep receive stock options, paid holidays, unlimited vacation/sick time, 401(k), 12-week paid parental leave, affordable health insurance options, FSA, and the flexibility to work from home. We value work-life harmony and believe that family and mental health should always come first.
UpKeep was founded by our CEO, Ryan Chan, based on an idea he had while using outdated desktop software as a process engineer in a manufacturing plant. He believed a mobile-first solution could significantly improve the workflow and productivity of the technicians he was working with. He was determined to build on this vision— so he quit his job, learned to write code, and created the first version of UpKeep in 2014, while living in his parents garage.
Today, our cloud-based software-as-a-service (SaaS) and IoT technology is modernizing the way thousands of businesses around the world maintain their facilities and equipment. Customers love UpKeep's mobile application because it gives them the ability to manage projects, teams, and work orders on-the-go. We're replacing tedious paperwork and cumbersome spreadsheets so technicians can focus on the work that matters most. We also provide advanced reporting tools and powerful integrations which enable businesses to make data-driven decisions that improve efficiency and decrease costs.
We are the most innovative and easy-to-use Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) and Enterprise Asset Management (EAM) software available. We proudly serve deskless workers in industries like manufacturing, healthcare, food production, energy, education, hospitality, fitness, public works, construction, building, and property management. With over 1,500 positive customer reviews, UpKeep is the market leader on Gartner, G2, GetApp, and Capterra,
We've raised $50 million following a Series B funding round led by world-renowned VC's including Insight Partners, Emergence Capital, Mucker, and Y Combinator (YC W17). These investors recognized that only 1% of venture capital has been invested in technology for the deskless workers who make up over 80% of the global workforce! We're giving back to those underserved workers by making it easier for them to do their jobs and celebrating the meaningful work they do.
Company culture, employee appreciation, career development planning, and DEI are very important to us— which is why UpKeep has been named a "Best Place to Work" several years in a row.
Interested in learning more?
$36M Series B Announcement:
UpKeep Technologies Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, creed, marital status, pregnancy, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or any other protected category. Please let us know if you need any accommodation due to disability. We celebrate our inclusive work environment and will always strive to create a diverse and equitable workplace by hiring people from all racial, ethnic, and socioeconomic backgrounds.