Wealthsimple is a financial services company on a mission to help everyone achieve financial freedom, no matter who they are or how much they have. Using smart technology, Wealthsimple takes financial services that are often confusing, opaque and expensive and makes them simple, transparent, and low-cost.
With over 1 million people using Wealthsimple products, we are the market leader in Canada. Our team is working together to build one of the most innovative fintech companies in the world and we're looking for talented people who want to help us move fast, ship often and make a huge impact. Join us on our mission to build a better financial future!
Read our Culture Manual to learn more about us and how we work.
In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Work with our Dotcom & Product Growth teams, helping to drive every aspect of the UX process, brainstorming the next great experiment, and validating solutions at scale
- Take broad, conceptual growth ideas and turn them into something useful and engaging for our clients
- Design flows, optimizations, and experiences that are elegant and simple
- Collaborate with Product Managers, UX Researchers, Data Scientists, Content Strategists, and more to solve complex problems through rigorous experimentation
- Focus on identifying the highest impact ideas and turning them into compelling client user experiences that grow our products
- Work closely with engineering to implement and refine your designs
- Balance business goals with our user’s needs to inform product strategy
- Champion consistent experiences across platforms and contribute to our design system
- Help build our growth design practice, enabling us to do our best work, the best way
We’re looking for someone who:
- Uses research and data to inform their designs, advocating for our users out of a deep empathy for them
- Has proven experience in a senior role, coupled with a strong understanding of the entire design process, including user research, information architecture, wireframing and prototyping
- Obsesses over optimizing flows - referrals, cross-sell, onboarding, you have ideas on how to improve it
- Is confident leading design sprints and working with stakeholders
- Sweats the details to create systems & experiences that work well together
- Has the ability to be autonomous - takes initiative, bring ideas to the table, and own projects
- Has experience with a test and learn approach to design, including multivariate A/B testing
- Has experience working on large marketing ecosystems within fast growing companies
- Is able to produce beautiful visual designs driven by strategic UX thinking
- Has experience building, contributing or working with design systems at scale, across multiple platforms
- Has strong skills and practical experience with the tools of the trade (we use Figma!)
How to apply:
- If you’re excited to be part of Wealthsimple's mission and the impact we can have on the world, along with your resume, send us a few portfolio pieces or case studies that demonstrate:
- Your ability to produce polished and well-thought-out experiences
- Your growth and learnings throughout the project
- Your design process and how you collaborate with other disciplines
At Wealthsimple, we embrace difference. We believe that getting to the best outcomes requires diverse perspectives and backgrounds. We create space where all voices can be heard so that we can all do our life's best work. We’re committed to openness, curiosity and creating an inclusive culture as we know that diverse teams build better products and generate better ideas. We strongly encourage applications from everyone regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
Wealthsimple provides an accessible candidate experience. If you need any accommodations or adjustments throughout the interview process and beyond, please let us know.