We are Kolibri Games - a mobile games developer from Berlin. Our games have over 100 million downloads and we are on a mission to become the most player-centric games studio out there.
We believe in players, creating value, learning, but, most of all, we believe in people. We strive to offer you a fair recruitment process and a great candidate experience, as well as a friendly environment to work in, with plenty of opportunities to learn and grow. Help us bring joy to people, we promise you will have fun by doing so :)
UX Writer & Localization Coordinator (f/m/d)
Working in tandem with other design disciplines and connecting the dots between the product experience and our broader communications landscape, you will use words to help players understand what things are and what they need to do in a live game.
Reporting to the IMT Lead Designer, you will own the entire process, from the first draft till the implementation of the final copy in our games and tools.
- Write in-game text in English and German for IMT and our new games
- Brainstorm and research content ideas plus identify opportunities to improve the player experience through copy
- Work cross-functionally to ensure high-quality translations from content in the game to external communications such as app store listing, advertisement and social media posts
- Collaborate with our localization agency, give feedback and ensure a high standard and on time delivery of translations
- Proofread all content before delivery for localization and review translations
- Integration of localized content into our games and tools
- At least 1 year of professional experience as a UX Writer & Localization Coordinator
- A creative approach to problem-solving: you can come up with innovative ideas to resolve a variety of challenges
- A passion for finding user-friendly ways to communicate
- Great communication skills across all levels
- Ability to manage and coordinate multiple projects
- Fluent in English and German level B2
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Experience with content writing, copy editing, proofreading or familiarity in writing gaming content
- Work closely with designers to create and alter mockups
- Be a quick learner in new tools and technologies, take responsibility for your own tasks, and be proactive
- Be fluent in a third language - especially good, if it’s Mandarin Chinese
Kolibri Games is an equal opportunity employer. We come from 25 different countries and many different backgrounds. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees, regardless of their age, gender identity, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, physical appearance or disability.
We are an international studio, so don’t forget to send in your application in English. Although it is not mandatory, we always appreciate a cover letter stating your motivation to join us.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Your Benefits – We’re game to support you
- Competitive Salary - We believe that top performers should receive top payment
- Training Budget - We believe in learning. A generous personal learning budget to spend on learning and development, including books, workshops and attending conferences. We also offer in-house training such as coding and German classes
- Flexible working hours and Home office – We believe in a good work-life balance
- Equipment - State-of-the-art technical equipment, including laptops and phones, which may also be used in your free time
- Health and Fitness - We pay a contribution towards a monthly gym membership or a fitness activity
- Relocation - Relocation support to help you move to Berlin
- Pension - Opportunity to save for your pension tax-free
Bonus Level – We love to have a good time, too
- Food and Drinks - Fresh fruits to keep you healthy and fresh coffee to keep you alert. We also have a fully stocked fridge with Smoothies, Coke, Club Mate, beer etc
- Parties and Team Events - Apart from our regular parties, BBQ’s and movie nights we also have a team event budget you can use to buy games or sports equipment to make working here even more fun
- Company Holidays - Every year we go on an amazing company holiday to relax and bond as a team
- Friday Celebrations - Company-provided dinner and drinks on Friday afternoons