At Algolia, we are passionate about helping developers & product teams connect their users with what matters most in milliseconds!
Algolia is looking for a passionate and empathetic Product Designer, who is eager to be involved in the entire product development process, from early research and ideation to tweaking pixels up to shipping and post-launch. You can identify problems and opportunities, and frame them in a way that guides your squad to delivering impactful work. You effectively collaborate cross-functionally to develop a vision and drive projects to completion. You’re motivated by goals and outcomes, staying focused on the big picture while giving care to the details when necessary. You iterate quickly, utilize data and user research to ensure you’re on the right path to your goal. You help champion design thinking within your squad, the design team and within the broader organization. You work humbly and kindly, aren’t afraid to make mistakes, to admit failure, and to learn from it. You’re always looking to improve yourself and to lift up others around you.
The work here is interesting, challenging and fun. Here are a few examples of what we work on: designing search analytics and other business tools for our customers, improving our customer Dashboard, building an amazing developer experience through documentation and tutorials, developing and testing search patterns (used by millions of people), building search design tools for developers, voice search, growth projects and much more.
YOUR ROLE WILL CONSIST OF:
- Design simple, data and research-based flows and experiences that delight our users
- Partner with PMs, engineers, other designers and stakeholders across the company to deliver products and features from conception to launch
- Effectively communicate conceptual ideas, detailed design, and design rationale verbally and visually to a variety of audiences (team members, your squad, company-wide, execs)
- Own the success or failure of your design work: validate your designs and initiate improvements
- Constantly seek and respectfully provide design feedback
- Help refine our processes and define best practices for design at Algolia
- 2+ years product design experience
- Experience designing and shipping digital products (not just websites)
- A well-rounded design skills set (including product thinking, UX, UI)
- Self-awareness and ability to collaborate cross-functionally
- An appreciation for the entire product development cycle: research, problem definition, ideation, solution design, validation and iteration
- Strong communicator of design work and your rationale behind proposals
- Excellent spoken and written English skills required
- Mindset focused on learning and professional growth
- Experience at our current stage and beyond ($50-200M ARR range, high growth, lots of change and building internal infrastructure).
NICE TO HAVE:
- Prior work experience on a highly technical enterprise product
- Experience working in Figma or Sketch in a team setting
- Passion for working collaboratively in a dynamic, international context
WE’RE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO CAN LIVE OUR VALUES:
- GRIT - Problem-solving and perseverance capability in an ever-changing and growing environment.
- TRUST - Willingness to trust our co-workers and to take ownership.
- CANDOR - Ability to receive and give constructive feedback.
- CARE - Genuine care about other team members, our clients and the decisions we make in the company.
- HUMILITY - Aptitude for learning from others, putting ego aside.
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Business Travel Insurance
- Relocation support
- Company Canteen (high standard)
- Flexible work hours and unlimited time off
- Competitive pay and equity
- Coaching and sponsorship to participate and speak at leading industry conferences
- Ongoing professional education opportunities through internal & external workshops, including public speaking, language learning (English/French)
- Fun: we spend time together — team building, socializing and making tools that encourage getting to know teammates across offices and continents.
- Charitable contribution matching
- Unique referral rewards program: refer a candidate, and we’ll donate to your charity of choice
- Corporate flats available for the first months of relocation and when you travel to different offices
- Fully stocked kitchens
- Team workouts
- Meals & happy hours