We Are Veritone
We are driven by the belief that Artificial Intelligence is mankind’s greatest invention. It is the key to building a safer, more vibrant, transparent, and empowered society. We are determined to be an active contributor to shaping our future for the better. We care about the ethical implications of AI and the prosperity and well-being of all individuals, as well as the growth and continued successes of our employees, customers, and partners.
Veritone’s mission today is more important than ever. We’re here to democratize AI and enable every organization and every person with the power of AI. What started in 2014 with the idea of providing unified access to hundreds of cognitive engines through one common software infrastructure, evolved to the world’s first AI operating system, aiWARE, which orchestrates a diverse ecosystem of cognitive engines to power intelligent automation for both commercial and government organizations. As we progress, we will continue to move humans from “in” to “on” to “out of the loop” to help them accelerate workflows, save time and costs, and uncover new insights and opportunities. You can view us at www.veritone.com and www.veritoneone.com.
The UX Designer is joining a new team in the Veritone family. You have a chance to leave your mark on new business opportunities while making a big impact internally with the Veritone family.
As the UX Designer, you will partner with product and development in creating new, enterprise-grade solutions for our clients as well as internal tools that service our agency. You’ll collaborate with partners across the organization to leverage shared experiences and bring a user-centered approach to your designs. Through your storytelling and the use of analytics, you’ll influence product, design, and engineering executive decisions. Lastly, your inquisitive nature brings a human touch to artificial intelligence and how it can be used to change the world.
This position reports to the Director of User Experience and collaborates closely with the Product Manager and the development team.
What You’ll Do
Along with overall design support, in your first year, you’ll design an external Publisher Portal and internal Agency Media Planning tool. This includes:
- Collaborating with Product Management and Agency partners to identify Publishers’ needs, the Agency’s needs, and suggest product design strategies
- Create user flows, sitemaps, wireframes, visual design, and prototypes of varying fidelity
- Conduct user research to validate design decisions
- Present designs to the cross-functional team on a regular basis for feedback
- Work closely with development to ensure the final product stays true to the vision
- MVP expected to take 1-3 months each for design
- Continue to iterate and enhance product
What You'll Need
- Experience in information architecture, interaction design, visual design, and prototyping
- Strong understanding of UX design principles, Design Thinking, Lean UX, and Design Systems
- Excellent storytelling skills (verbal and written) with keen attention to detail
- Experience facilitating user research
- Empathy for our customers and our business
- Able to connect user needs to business goals
- Has strong problem-solving skills and independent self-direction
- Thrives in a fast-paced and collaborative work environment
- 3+ years experience.
- Create high-quality deliverables utilizing Figma and other software, as necessary
Bonus Points If
- A solid understanding of how artificial intelligence works and how it can be utilized to change the world.
- Bachelor's or Master’s Degree in Design, Information Architecture or Human Factors or equivalent project/portfolio experience.
- Extremely comfortable using Figma.
- Solid knowledge of collaboration tools and resources including Jira, Confluence, and Trello.
- Experience in mobile, web, and native design solutions.
What’s In It For You
- A competitive compensation package.
- Stock Options.
- Flexible Time Off.
- Quality benefits: medical, dental, vision, 401K.
- An opportunity to be a part of the next big thing in artificial intelligence!
Our company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.