PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
UX Designer, Cloud Front-End
(Aliso Viejo, CA)
As a part of Sony Interactive Entertainment, the Cloud Gaming Engineering and Infrastructure (CGEI) team is leading the cloud gaming revolution, putting console-quality video games on any device!
As a UX Designer on the Cloud Front End Engineering team, you will help research, prototype and design the tools and software that will help us scale to millions of users and push the limit of what’s possible.
- Research, design, & prototyping of applications, features and tools
- Ownership of the design for small to medium-sized tools and software
- Participate in design reviews and lead requirements gathering sessions
- Communicate estimates, schedules, issues and dependencies to technical or project lead(s)
- Share knowledge of new technology and design trends with the team
- BS in Web Design, Computer Science, Cognitive Science, Information Design, Web Development or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 2-4 years of relevant design experience
Skills & Knowledge
- Working knowledge of design tools and software
- Familiarity with popular design publications and websites
- Experience designing web and mobile applications using Photoshop, InDesign, Axure, Sketch, etc.
- Solid understanding of design fundamentals: typography, layout, color theory
- Advanced-level prototyping skills
- Experience conducting user research, focus groups, customer satisfaction surveys, etc.
- Experience working in distributed systems a plus
- Gamer is a plus
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication and documentation skills
- Stays up-to-date on design industry trends and solutions
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.