Behavox is shaping the future for how businesses harness their most important raw material - data. Our mission is bold: Organize enterprise data into actionable information that protects and promotes the business growth of multinational companies around the world.
From managing enterprise risk and compliance to maximizing revenue and value, our data operating platform presents a widespread opportunity to build multilingual, AI/ML-based solutions that activate data for every function within a global enterprise.
Our approach is unique, and it’s validated by our customers who tell us to keep forging ahead because no one else is aggregating, analyzing, and acting on data to uncover opportunities or solve problems quite the way we are.
We are looking for fearless innovators who have an insatiable appetite for building what no one has built before.
About The Role:
As part of the product design team, you’ll find a challenging yet collaborative environment, where ideas are shared, pushed, questioned, and pushed some more. Together is how we get things done.
This is a great opportunity for the right talented individual to:
- Focus on UXR. One third of our current team consist of people doing user research on a full time basis.
- Drive our existing UXR program to help us scale research activities within the company and preserve its findings into our knowledge base.
- Continuously improve our ResearchOps.
What You'll Bring:
- Experience as a Level 3 User Researcher - doing generative and evaluative research; to contribute at evolving a product over multiple iterations
- Masters various UXR methods such as 1:1 interviews, moderated and unmoderated usability testing, JTBD, contextual inquiries, surveys, ideation workshops, A/B testing, and usage analytics
- Experience synthesizing and communicating findings to cross-functional teams operating in a fast-paced environment
- Knows product creation cycle and design process; experience collaborating with Design and Product teams
- Graduate degree in anthropology, cognitive sciences, ethnography, human factors, HCI, journalism, sociology, psychology, or an equivalent experience
What You'll Do:
- Lead user research initiatives, understand users attitudes & behaviors, and identify their problems with a capability to uncover unspoken user needs
- Knowledge of the strengths and shortcomings of multiple qualitative and quantitative research methods; is capable to adapt methodologies to various project constraints
- Analyze and synthesize qual & quant data into tangible and actionable insights; define user models using BPMN diagrams, journey maps, personas and empathy maps
- Effectively communicate insights to inform design and product management decisions
- Operationalize research (re:ops) to help scale the UXR practice throughout the organization and maximize its impact
What We Offer:
- A truly global mission with a passionate community in locations all over the world
- Huge impact and learning potential as our aspirations require bold innovation
- Highly competitive compensation with 100% bonus pay already integrated
- Benefits include fully covered health coverage for employee and family
- Generous time-off policy and flexible work schedule
We take Talent very seriously and we are building a community of extraordinary individuals working together in very high performing teams. We also know that the best Talent always has options so we believe that the process has to be a two way assessment - the company AND the candidate assessing the business needs alignment, the career next step alignment, and the cultural alignment.
During the process we will begin by exploring the core factors regarding salary and location along with core experience and skills and values alignment. We will then deep dive explore the critical technical competencies we have identified for the role, and then we will deep dive in behavioral competencies.
The most aligned candidate will then be asked to do a practical work task simulation activity so we can make sure that you will enjoy the kind of work the role requires, and this task will typically be presented and discussed with a group of colleagues and managers. Finally we will ask you to meet with a number of our senior leaders to make sure that you are making the most informed call possible.