Lead UX Researcher
Lead UX Researcher: Product Design
Full-time role in Chicago, IL or Mexico City, MX
Who we are
SpotOn is a cutting-edge payments and software company dedicated to redefining the merchant services industry. SpotOn combines payment processing with customer engagement and business management solutions, giving small and medium businesses the data and tools they need to run and grow their business.
About the role
As a Lead UX Researcher, you’ll join a tight-knit, collaborative Design team that cares deeply about SpotOn’s customers and ensures they have great experiences. Our team is at the center of user experience at SpotOn, improving our product for the thousands of independent retailers and brands growing their businesses.
In this role, you’ll help shape SpotOn’s products, working with team members across product design, engineering, product management, and marketing. You'll work across product teams to enrich existing research activities and lead new research projects to deepen our understanding of consumers and merchants. As a founding research team member, you’ll be an integral part of developing the culture and practice of research at SpotOn.
We’re looking for team members that excel at informing and influencing product development, come with a growth mindset, and bring a genuine desire to learn and help others learn about our customers.
About the team
- Collaborate with partners across design, product, and engineering to deliver insights that allow them to define and build products and features that are valuable to our customers
- Conduct evaluative and generative research across SpotOn products and effectively communicate insights to inform strategic and product decisions
- Develop and deliver clear and actionable data-driven insights and narratives
- Contribute strategic thinking at the product, marketing, and company level
- Mentor and support cross-functional team members research activities
- Contribute to and positively shape SpotOn’s culture through collaboration, feedback, and proactive participation
- Contribute to the strategy and planning phases of new projects and products
What you’ll need
- You’re a trained researcher and have an advanced degree in a field related to UX research (e.g. HCI, Psychology, Sociology, etc.) or an equivalent form of relevant research training.
- 6+ years of experience researching digital products and systems. You have a breadth of knowledge about UX research, from methods to effective storytelling
- Great communication skills. You present research insights and recommendations clearly and confidently, regardless of audience.
- A collaborative approach. You’re a great partner to others and your cross-functional teammates.
- A growth mindset. You’re open and receptive to feedback and can adapt quickly in a fast-paced environment.
- A product-centric researcher. You think about the value of research in terms of product development and outcomes.
- Experience with Figma / XD and UI design tools.
SpotOn's excellent benefits package can range based on location - ask your local recruiter about benefit info!
SpotOn is committed to hiring a diverse workforce. We consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other basis as prohibited by federal, state or local law.