Lead UI/UX Designer
We are looking for a dynamic Lead UI/UX Designer who will be responsible for the user experience (UX) and user interface (UI) design of our various digital assets. You will ensure that all elements of the online user experience are optimized for improved usability, usefulness, accessibility, and exceptional visual design. You will work with development teams, strategy, and leadership to define and support the building of consistent, appealing, and sustainable OCI offerings. A successful candidate will evidence a passion for delivering adaptive and creative solutions to UI/UX design problems by staying up to date with best practices and emerging trends in user experience design and user interface technology.
Who is Object Computing?
At Object Computing, Inc. we offer team members a supportive, creative, and collaborative environment where they are encouraged to enhance their collective skills and employ industry best practices. We embrace continuous learning, professional development, and foster a community that welcomes change and growth. We proudly build transformative technology solutions by leveraging open source software and our strategic partnerships with organizations like Amazon and Google. By purposefully engaging with our clients, we help them reimagine the impact and value they can achieve using smart, connective technologies. OCI has expertise in constructing solutions in a variety of industries including Aerospace, Energy, and Agriculture. We partner with clients to deliver software solutions that accelerate innovation within their organization and stand up to the evolving demands of their business. Our full life cycle software engineering solutions span multiple technology domains including real-time, embedded, large-scale, integrated, and distributed systems, to modern web and cloud-enabled applications.
What will you do?
- Collaborate with clients, product managers, and engineers to define and implement innovative solutions for the project direction, visuals, and experience
- Execute all visual design stages from conceptualization to final hand-off
- Conceptualize original ideas that bring simplicity and user-friendliness to complex design roadblocks
- Oversee UI/UX team efforts regarding prioritization and planning
- Collaborate with stakeholders to ensure the creation and delivery of tailored experiences for the digital user
- Establish user experience design requirements for our suite of digital assets
- Conceptualize, develop, and maintain a comprehensive style guide for the OCI brand
- Produce high-quality UX design solutions through wireframes, visual and graphic designs, flow diagrams, storyboards, site maps, and prototypes
- Design UI elements and tools such as navigation menus, search boxes, tabs, and widgets for our digital assetsTest UI elements such as CTAs, banners, page layouts, page designs, page flows, and target links for landing pages
- Provide advice and guidance on the implementation of UX research methodologies and testing activities to analyze and predict user behavior
- Adhere to style standards on typography and graphic design
What will you bring?
- A Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 5 years UI/UX design experience for digital products or services, or 7 years of equivalent experience
- A portfolio of professional UI/UX design work for both web and mobile platforms
- Knowledge of the following technologies and software or equivalent industry-standard software: Sketch, InVision, Visio, HTML, CSS (SCSS), iOS, Android, Design Systems, and Adobe Creative Suite
- The ability to work well independently and in a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Multi-tasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks
- Solid experience in creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows, and site maps
- Excellent visual design skills with sensitivity to user-system interaction
- Ability to present your designs and explain design choices to various stakeholders
- Ability to solve problems creatively, effectively, and collaboratively
- Consistent knowledge of up-to-date UI trends, techniques, and technologies
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
What will make you stand out?
- BS/MS in Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction Design, or related