Blink Embedded is looking for a UX Designer to work on a key client account. This individual will be at the forefront of creating intuitive, innovative, and beautiful product experiences that customers will love to use to learn, create, and perform for our client.
The User Experience Designer will strive to learn and understand our users’ needs, behaviors, and emotions to yield insights that inform product strategy and guide the design of the experiences we create. As a User Experience Designer, you will collaborate closely with other designers, researchers, product managers, software engineers, and many others to solve complex challenges and craft powerful experiences that highlight the products’ unique capabilities and personalities. You will contribute to the roadmap, drive future concepts, and deliver improvements to current applications. You should have an inspiring portfolio, great design sense, a love for complex problems, and the ability to clearly articulate how a product should work both in software and in the physical world.
This contract runs for 6 months and is W-2, salaried with full benefits.
Please include your portfolio in your application. Your portfolio should show examples of the user-centered design process and design thinking, as well as your final design solutions.
What you will be doing
- Strategize, brainstorm, and define key features for one or more products or apps
- Translate abstract ideas, research findings, analytics data, and business requirements into tangible and beautiful presentations and design deliverables
- Leads multiple project teams of other designers and internal and outsourced partners responsible for all stages of user experience design and development for a portfolio of complex products and platforms, including experience/information architecture, validation, and specifications.
- Organize and conduct user experience research at various stages within feature or product development; Communicate research findings to design and product development stakeholders
- Manages and expands relationships with internal and outsourced partners on user experience design and development.
- Reviews and evaluates designs and project activities for compliance with user experience design and development guidelines and standards; provides tangible feedback to improve product quality and user experience.
- Provides domain-specific expertise and overall user experience design leadership and perspective to cross-organization projects, programs, and activities.
- Drives innovation and integration of new technologies and design language into projects and activities in the user experience design organization.
- Provides guidance and mentoring to less-experienced staff members.
- Producing artifacts and facilitating collaborative workshops to support the user-centered design process, artifacts could include requirements visualization, participatory design, concept models, scenarios, user journeys/flows, wireframes, interactive prototypes, UX copy, and visual designs.
What we are looking for
- 3 – 5 years of experience as Designer/ UX Designer/Strategist
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent professional experience) in design or human-computer interaction (HCI).
- Strong skills in creative design tools (Figma, Creative Suite, etc.)
- Ability to create polished presentations that use storytelling to align stakeholders
- Reviewing and evaluating designs for alignment with overall strategy and product architecture; recommending and implementing changes to designs and technology to improve product quality and overall user experience.
- Strong understanding of user-centered design methods.
- Strong attention to detail and communication skills.
- Knack for creative problem-solving and innovative solutions.
- Fluency in best practices for web-based information architecture and design.
- Broad understanding and experience in designing and implementing research and data collection plans for user experience research, testing and acceptance.
Blink is the user experience firm for the world’s leading companies. We use evidence-driven design to create products that people use, love, and remember. This opportunity is with the embedded division of Blink. This division places talented candidates on long-term contract opportunities with some of Blink's largest client partners.
Blink is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, or disability.