A Forward-thinking Brand
Joybird is on a mission to reinvent the reality of shopping for home furnishings online. We are committed to developing innovative digital experiences that facilitate a 1:1 conversation with users, personalizing every interaction to support a core goal of allowing customers to express themselves through the physical spaces they occupy.
What’s the opportunity?
We are looking for an experienced UX researcher to join our team. You will be responsible for helping define and drive the future of our products. You will reveal what our users need from our products by conducting research, working with cross-functional teams, and performing usability studies. These responsibilities also include inspiring change, delivering oral and written presentations, evaluating qualitative and quantitative data, and helping the UX team better understand what would make a user’s experience more intuitive, accessible, and seamless.
This role is open to remote candidates based in the United States.
- Conduct primary and secondary user research.
- Conduct and evaluate quantitative and qualitative research.
- Perform market and ethnographic research.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to identify and evaluate research topics.
- Plan and implement user research strategies and methodologies.
- Advocate research findings to diverse audiences through written and oral presentations.
- Mentor and coach junior UX researchers on the team.
- Perform usability studies with consumers.
- Ask questions, gather data, and analyze data.
- Use a diverse set of UX research tools.
- Five or more years of UX research experience
- Ability to quickly and effectively share research results
- Ability to perform all research-related tasks including research, planning, evaluating, and iteration
- Ability to formulate specific, answerable, and practical questions
- Ability to collaborate effectively with stakeholders and act as a strategic partner in product decisions
- Experience with remote testing tools (Full Story)
- A strong desire for creative problem-solving with a positive attitude
- Excellent time-management skills
Our Core Values:
- Customer-centric — You are passionate about delivering an end-to-end WOW experience for every customer.
- Transparent — You exchange information and feedback frequently to strengthen relationships, ensure alignment, and elevate problem solving.
- Results-driven — You aim high and go beyond tradition and standards to reach our goals.
- Constantly evolving — You're never satisfied and are unafraid to be a better version of yourself.
- Competitive salary
- Generous benefits including medical, dental, vision, FSA, 401(K) with an abbreviated waiting period
- Ample Paid Time Off
- Furniture discounts (for friends and family too!)