Senior UX Lead
Join the INTERACTIVE BROKERS Team!
Interactive Brokers Group has consistently been at the forefront of trading innovation, starting with the invention of the first floor-based handheld computer in 1983 and we pride ourselves on being primarily a technology company. We continue to challenge the status quo and push boundaries to offer the best trading platform with the most sophisticated features all for the lowest cost to our customers. Software development is the lifeblood of our firm, and it shows in our stellar brokerage platform.
We are looking for a User Experience Leader to develop Interactive Brokers’ design and UX culture in order to build a world class trading experience for our clients. The ideal candidate will have deep knowledge of our business, data, and technology and will collaborate with management and fellow product team members to improve customer interactions and overall satisfaction with our services.
- You will serve as a subject matter expert on creating digital experiences that help our team’s transformation into a culture of data-driven decisions, continued experimentation and constant invention
- Drive the implementation of the user experience and product roadmap by partnering closely with Product, Technology, Customer Success, Marketing, and Corporate Strategy teams
- Establish the objectives with a data-driven approach to deliver results that align with our business strategies and goals.
- Work closely with other UX leaders to strengthen design processes and culture and facilitate a design system centered approach to building experiences in every area of our organization
- Develop and articulate a vision and plan for the UX function which is aligned with our corporate aspirations to be differentiated through user experience and class leading scientific technologies.
- Assist with user research projects such as usability and end-user testing and develop recommendations for improvements in the platform.
- Monitor emerging trends in interactive technologies, content and design. Unify design for both desktop and mobile apps.
- Maintain a thorough and current knowledge of competitors, technology, and industry developments.
You are someone who has:
- Bachelor's or master's preferred in design, a related area of study, or equivalent work experience
- 10+ years of senior level experience in a design team building and delivering successful user experiences
- Expertise in design strategy and methods, including user-centered design, service design and experience design
- A proven record of successfully driving change in complex corporate cultures
- Deep-rooted knowledge and experience as an expert practitioner of multiple design disciplines, including service design, user experience design, interaction design, information architecture, user interface design, visual design, research, and others
- Ability to seamlessly flip between the language of business and design, setting meaningful goals and objectives for your team while advocating for critical design decisions to company leadership
- History of diving into the analytics of your work to help justify your hypothesis and relentlessly focused on data and optimization while also being empathic and deeply passionate about connecting with our current and future customers
- Ability to recognize great design work and inspire others to achieve higher levels of excellence
Nice to have:
- Experience in the Financial Services field is a plus
- A list of emerging technologies we're interested in:
- Big Data
- Machine Learning
- Security Background
Company Benefits & Perks
- Competitive salary, annual performance-based bonus and stock grant
- Retirement plan 401(k) with competitive company match
- Excellent health and welfare benefits including medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Wellness screenings and assessments, health coaches and counseling services through Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paid time off and a generous parental leave policy
- Daily company paid lunch and a fully stocked kitchen with healthy options for breakfast and snack
- Corporate events including team outings, dinners, volunteer activities and company sports teams
- Education reimbursement and learning opportunities
- Modern offices with sit/stand desks and multi-monitor setups
Interactive Brokers ("IBKR"), a subsidiary of publicly-traded Interactive Brokers Group, Inc., based in Greenwich, Connecticut (NASDAQ: IBKR) is a low-cost provider of trade execution and clearing services for active traders, institutional investors, financial advisors and introducing brokers. IBKR’s premier technology provides electronic access to stocks, options, futures, forex, bonds, and funds worldwide from a single IBKR Integrated Investment account. IBKR is one of the largest online brokers by trade volume and is consistently ranked at the top of its field.
Our employees are part of a dynamic, multinational, fast-paced, results-oriented team working to provide our customers with state-of-the-art trading technology, superior execution capabilities, worldwide electronic access, and sophisticated risk management tools.
Our headquarters are in Greenwich, CT, USA. IBKR has offices in the United States, Australia, Canada, China, Estonia, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Japan, Luxembourg, Russia, Singapore, Switzerland and United Kingdom.
IBKR is a member of NYSE, FINRA, and SIPC. Interactive Brokers Group brokerage affiliates are regulated by securities and commodities agencies around the world.
Click HERE to view a short video with a few words from current Interactive Brokers employees.(If the hyperlink is not active, copy and paste the following URL in your browser: https://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/index.php?f=31899)
For more information, please visit www.ibkr.com/info