⭐️ Who are we?
Convelio is a licensed freight forwarding startup evolving at the intersection of Tech, Logistics and the Art World. The startup specialises in the global shipping of high-end goods: paintings, sculptures, basically any valuable or bulky merchandise.
We've developed our own proprietary algorithm to offer competitive real-time shipping quotes and an end-to-end logistics service to the art market. Our mission is to become a tech-driven company in a traditional industry, and therefore make the shipping of bulky and valuable items as easy as possible for any business across the world by providing an online and seamless experience.
We currently serve a wide range of customers from art galleries, antique dealers, auction houses, online platforms to interior designers.
With 120+ colleagues scattered across Paris & London and now New York as well (since recently!), Convelio has a strong start-up & international culture. We thrive in solving complex logistics issues for our clients, enabling both sellers and buyers in the art market. We are backed by proven technology, prominent VC’s, and boast a global network and the resources (€9 million Series A funding in Jan. 2020) to seize the market opportunity.
Your team 👯♂️
2 co-founders and around 115 people from all over the world to work with you. Among them, 12 people within the Product team.
Within the product team, we usually work in squads and we count 5 Product Managers, 2 Product Designers (UX/UI) and 3 UX Researchers for testing and research, 1 Product Marketing Manager, 1 CPO, front-end developers and back-end developers of plenty.
Our mission: equip art sellers to reduce their time spent on logistics.
Your Role 🎩
We are looking for a high energy, results-driven, team-oriented Product Designer to join the Convelio Product team. As a Product Designer (UX/UI), you will work in strong collaboration with our Design lead, our Product Managers, User Researchers and the other Product Designers, as well as with our CTO and our Tech team to iterate on our product and craft user-centric experiences.
Your job will be to place the user always at the core of the products we develop, by managing and orchestrating the other product designers, implementing collaborative design processes and maintaining consistency across the different experiences. You'll be part of an autonomous team which works in several disciplines: software, product and design. Our company is technology-driven and is growing the product team to build new digital solutions for both its clients and its suppliers in the art industry. We prefer pragmatic solutions over complex systems and tools.
This is a permanent contract.
✏️ What You’ll Do
- Translate industry-specific user needs into usable and delightful interfaces for our fine-art shippers and internal logistician teams (ops)
- Collect insights and map the experience of users within the art world (personae, user journeys, experience maps, user flows…) to discuss the product roadmap
- Participate in user research to get a better understanding on how our products are used, why and what for.
- Prototype, wireframe and design experiences that balance user needs with business requirements and technological feasibility
- Work hand-in-hand with developers to ship features that bring real added-value
- Take initiative on product features to build, remove or make evolve.
- Be autonomous and proactive on the experience you want to design for the users of our productsUse data to refine your designs over time and build a stronger and stronger user experience
- Organize and lead workshops to keep the flow of ideas vivid and make sure we look for diverse solutions before developing one
🎁What we offer
- Work for an exciting Tech-Logistics company evolving within the Art market
- Immersion in the startup ecosystem and opportunity to work with the founding team
- A very dynamic and kind team spirit, where you will have all space and support to fulfill your potential
- Dedicated personal yearly learning budget and team support to grow both as a person and as a team
- Flexibility on remote work : when you want where you want (also after Covid-19!)
- Regular team buildings (escape games, afterwork drinks...)
🎨Profile sought after
- Above all, we are looking for an enthusiastic, ambitious and self-motivated team-mate, ready to take on initiatives and make an impact, be willing to grow with us in order to transform this market - and this might be the single most important skill we require ;)
- You have 4-5 years experience in designing products and interfaces
- You have experience in designing B2B SaaS products and platforms
- You know the difference between UX and UI and are able to do both
- You have experience in doing User research and testing to iterate on your solutions
- You have worked in product & tech team in the past and you are familiar with discovery and delivery processes
- You are fluent in both French and English
The ideal candidate :
💻 Our design and technical stack includes:
- Figma (we all started on Sketch, making the transition is fluid, don’t worry ;) )
- Application Framework: Zend, Angular
- Data Storage: MySQL
- Hosting: Google Cloud Platform
- Tools: Docker, Datadog, Github
📑 Recruitment process
- First 30 min phone call with someone from the HR team
- Product Design Case (don’t worry, we won’t make you work for hours) and presentation to our Product designers
- Video interview with our Product Director
- Video Interview with our Lead Product Design
- reference check
📺 If you want to know more about Convelio, watch this video!
🚀Join us for a thrilling adventure!
🤝 Convelio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We are committed to equal opportunities based upon race, religion, colour, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identify, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We carefully hire the best talent we can find, which means actively seeking diversity of beliefs, backgrounds, education, and ways of thinking. We are passionate about building an inclusive culture where diversity is celebrated and leveraged to create better design and business decisions.