Senior UX/Product Designer
We’re looking for an exceptional UX/Product Designer to drive tangible improvements for our users. You will own the full UX development cycle, with a user insight driven strategy.
Every one of us shares a common vision: to create the future we want to live in. We need the right people to help us realize that vision.
If you are looking for a new challenge within a dynamic and fast growing technology company and if you want to create outstanding products, we want to hear from you.
A little about us:
ZenHub is the leading team collaboration and project management suite built into GitHub and GitHub Enterprise. At ZenHub, every team member is charged with getting to know customers deeply, learning how to solve their toughest problems, and turning them into evangelists.
Some of the best teams at top companies like Adobe, NASA, Microsoft, Shopify, Apple, Docker and Comcast use ZenHub to stay in the zone.
Scope of your role:
- Act as a true product designer who drives real improvements for our customers
- Provide end to end design solutions from discovery to design validation
- Drive design process improvement with user-centered design approach
- Create UX deliverables: wireframes, functional specifications, interaction guidelines, site maps, user scenarios, user flows, visual comps, clickable/interactive prototypes, visual designs etc.
- Identify research needs for making design decisions and facilitate gathering and synthesis of insights into user requirements (quantitative and qualitative user research)
- Clearly communicate connection points between user goals, data, context of use, best practices to provide clear rationale for design decisions
- Identify & evaluate user requirements in collaboration with product owners
- Quickly iterate on multiple design explorations to arrive at simple, robust solutions that are intuitive, efficient and contextual
- Apply a systems approach to interaction design including building and maintaining IXD guidelines and specifications
A little about you:
- 5+ years of experience as a UX/Product Designer working in software space
- Experience taking the lead to drive projects forward and define design direction
- Clear process for making design decisions
- Experience conducting user research
- Experience working within cross-functional teams within agile methodologies
- Comfortable articulating ideas and rationale for design decisions
- Great collaborator and communicator able to give and receive constructive feedback to improve the finished product and design process
- An active listener and learner who is not afraid to change their mind
- Strong understanding of metrics, KPIs, and user testing
More about ZenHub:
Don’t sweat it if you don’t have everything listed in the role description. One of our values is “Growth Mindset”. If you have some of the qualities listed above, and are excited about the role and motivated to learn – we want to hear from you!
At ZenHub our people are the priority. We believe the more perspectives we embrace, the stronger our team. We recruit the best, and welcome people of all backgrounds regardless of race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or ability. With a focus on respect and a commitment to continuous learning, we’re building an inclusive culture that supports our team in doing their best work. We work hard to provide our full-time team members perks that make their lives better by offering:
○ Boundaryless working style. We want our team to work from wherever is best for them. Whether you prefer to work from the comfort of your home office or from our bright, spacious, and dog-friendly collaboration space, we support you. For those opting to wfh, we offer a generous monthly stipend to cover ongoing remote work expenses. If you opt to join us in-office, we’ll contribute to your commute expenses or bike maintenance.
○ A flexible vacation policy. We work hard and it’s important we take time to recharge. We have a flexible time off policy with no hard limit and encourage our team members to take a minimum of 3 weeks off per year.
○ A commitment to continued learning and development. We provide an annual professional development budget to use towards conferences, classes, books, and other opportunities to maintain and expand your skill set.
○ Fitness reimbursements. Stay fit with our monthly reimbursements for health-related benefits like gym memberships, fitness apps, and personal training.
○ Top-of-the-line equipment. In addition to receiving a company smartphone of your choice with a paid voice/data plan, every team member receives a generous annual new tech budget to try new gadgets, tools, and platforms.
○ Flexible parental leave policies. We understand the importance and demands of a growing family. In addition to state, provincial, and federal leave allowances, parents on our team have the ability to create flexible schedules or take days off when family needs to come first.
○ Social connection. When it’s safe to gather again our team will have access to a shared collaboration space in Vancouver, but our team is focused on fostering strong relationships and an equitable experience no matter where in the world you’re working. Check out our careers page to learn more about what other benefits we offer!