Avant is dedicated to building premier digital banking solutions for the middle class through a combination of technology, analytics and superior customer service. Since 2012, Avant has connected over 1.5 million customers to over $7.5 billion in loans and 500,000 credit cards. A high growth financial technology company, Avant has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, TechCrunch, Fortune, Bloomberg, and has raised over $600 million of equity capital. Visit www.avant.com for more information.
If you’re a creative and innovative product design leader with a knack for solving tough problems with frictionless experiences, then we’d love to hear from you! Avant is building a best-in-class product design organization that’ll be instrumental in redefining our mobile app user experience, and with that, there’s a lot of opportunity to grow your skills and your career here.
Avant is looking for an experienced Product Designer who’s ready to help reimagine the look, feel, and usability of Avant’s digital products. Avant is on a mission to provide access to fair and transparent financial services to customers who typically get left behind by banks. Our portfolio of products is growing, so this person is key in defining our visual brand identity and design system used across the company.
What will you do at Avant?
- Deeply understand our customers, define user personas, and design products that will meet and exceed their needs
- Develop standard UI components/patterns and style guides
- Create working prototypes of components, pages and sites for presentation
- Support the QA and UAT process and work closely with engineers to make sure features are implemented as intended
- Create mid-fidelity prototypes using InVision, Sketch, and other design tools
- Develop wireframes, storyboards, and flows to effectively communicate designs and UX
- Design for mobile-first experiences, both web and app
- Conduct usability testing on both concept designs and existing products
Why you are a fit for Avant
- 5+ years of work experience in graphic / visual design environment or related fields
- BA or equivalent in Graphic Design, Visual / Communication Design
- Experience working in a high-growth technology company is a plus
- Passion for producing exceptionally high-quality visual solutions using Sketch, Invision, and/or Figma
- Highly proficient with design tools (Sketch and/or Figma, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.)
- Experience designing on multiple platforms (iOS, Android, Mobile web, Desktop, etc.)
- You understand the complex interplay between design and content in digital experiences
- You are excited about working on UI, UX, and even user research projects, as necessary
- You get that new insights can mean new direction, and you’re flexible enough to adapt
- Solid understanding of grid systems and typography
- An enthusiastic, take-charge attitude, coupled with a desire to learn
- Bonus: experience with motion graphics, animation, and visual/audio production
This position can be worked remotely in the US.
Why Avant is a fit for you:
At Avant, we believe our values make a difference:
We value, support, and help each other grow
We are committed to active inclusion and diversity
We are transparent and believe the best idea wins
We succeed when our customers succeed
We get sh!t done… responsibly
And we keep it fun!
We believe that ideas are more important than titles, everything is more fun together, everyone drives change, and everyone is an owner. While we believe the perks and benefits that we offer are terrific, nothing excites us more than having the ability to collaborate with intelligent, highly-motivated and talented people on challenging problems as we work to change the face of online lending.
Avant is an equal opportunity employer and individuals seeking employment are considered without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation or gender identity), age, disability or genetic information or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local law, regulation or ordinance.