PLEASE NOTE: This is either an onsite role based in our Swiss office in Mendrisio, Switzerland (it's just 7km and is easily commutable from Milan, Como, Varese or Lugano) or a 100% remote position for candidates based in Europe who speak fluent English and are willing and able to spend around a week per quarter in our Swiss Office once the pandemic situation has improved (travel expenses covered).
We are also happy to assist with your relocation to this beautiful part of Europe and we have a remote working policy.
Cloud Academy is the leading digital skills development platform that enables every enterprise to become a tech company through guided Learning Paths, Hands-on Labs, and Skill Assessment. Cloud Academy delivers role-specific training on the leading cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform), essential methodologies needed to operate on and between clouds (DevOps, security, containers), and capabilities that are unlocked by the cloud (big data, machine learning).Companies like Turner, Cognizant, SAS, and ThermoFisher customize Cloud Academy to contextualize learning and leverage the platform to assign, manage, and measure cloud enablement at scale. Learn more at cloudacademy.com.
Now is your chance to join our talented team and help us build the future of IT learning!
We are looking for a passionate Product Designer to add to our growing team. As a Product Designer, you will work closely with engineering and product to design and iterate on simple, intuitive solutions for the consumer and enterprise market, with special attention to the e-learning and technology objectives of our platform.
We're looking for a designer with the ability to go from the "big picture" view of a user experience right down to the "close-up" level of pixels and micro-interactions.
You will be involved in key new projects with a 50/50 balance between creating new products and re-architecting existing ones.
What you will do as the Product Designer at Cloud Academy:
- Balance different learning content (video, quizzes, hands-on labs) in one seamless experience to keep learners engaged and excited.
- Accelerate our customer acquisition by enabling growth projects- Help users learn together by re-thinking our platform with collaboration in mind
- Integrate user experience design and visual design functions to produce simple, highly usable, scalable designs that create cohesive, positive user experiences across multiple product lines.
- Build and define the design function within the product development organization, including user interface design and visual design.
- Drive forward and boost the product and design vision working closely and proactively with PMs and engineering teams
- Create prototypes and collaborate with engineers and stakeholders to make sure the product meets the highest standards of quality
- Work within a defined design system and design new components as needed.
- Help build a collaborative design culture, a cohesive user experience, and a powerful brand
- 3+ years of experience as a product designer, user experience designer, or similar UX/UI-related role
- Passion for product design and the desire to work in a product designer role
- Experience developing successful and impactful products from concept through production and the ability to showcase your work
- Exceptional ability to collaborate and facilitate the design process
- Excellent communication skills and ease having discussions with users, engineers, and executives
- Excellent spoken and written English is a must for this position
- Competitive salary including a bonus plan
- Great company culture and work environment!
- World class teammates and lots of opportunities for growth and development!
- Budget for professional development
- Relocation budget
- Remote working policy including 1 month a year of remote working from anywhere
- 4 weeks paid vacation per year plus 17 paid holidays