Posted 1 year ago
Apply for this job
Who we are
Tajir is the one-stop shop for mom-and-pop stores in Pakistan to buy inventory. Tajir is the first Pakistan-focused company funded by Y Combinator. Our latest funding round was led by Kleiner Perkins and YC Continuity, with participation from Flexport, Dylan Field (Co-founder & CEO of Figma), and Austen Allred (co-founder & CEO of Lambda School), among others. Learn more about us in Forbes and TechCrunch.
We have a small but mighty engineering team that has already built a vital service that tens of thousands of stores rely on every day. However, we have still only built <1% of our roadmap -- to build the rest, we need a world-class engineering and design team.
Tajir is solving a unique challenge in Pakistan: building an app that is usable by anyone. We are the first app besides WhatsApp that many of our customers have ever used -- in fact, we are often the primary reason that customers upgrade from a 'dumb' phone to an Android phone.
Building an app for novice smartphone users requires thoughtful design and first-principles thinking, as we are barred from using many common UI patterns. We have build a fantastic UX so far. However, we have an ambitious product roadmap and need a talented designer to ensure our app retains its simplicity and usability even as we rapidly grow functionality.
We are looking for our very first full-time design hire -- this is an opportunity to have an outsized impact and build the design vision for the company.
- Create a holistic long-term vision for the design evolution of the Tajir app.
- Talk to customers and become the #1 most customer-centric person at Tajir.
- Build prototypes to share and test concepts with stakeholders.
- Build our design system from scratch.
- 1-3+ years of professional hands-on design experience.
- Experience using Figma, Illustrator or similar apps.
- Strong portfolio of product design work illustrating many successfully launched products.
- Proven ability to bring projects from concept to completion.
- Ability to strongly articulate your design work and rationale to others.
- Bonus, but not required: familiarity with Android UI components.
- Bonus, but not required: Figma experience.