Apply for this job
Starburst is on a mission to modernize data access & analytics. Our company was founded in an unusual way; with customers and revenue from the beginning! Our growth is already ahead of some of the most successful software start-ups, and we don’t plan on slowing down.
We believe our opportunity is huge. Every large company in the world suffers from a data silo problem. Traditional data warehouse products approach the problem with old solutions that breed inefficiency and ultimately can’t help business analysts run fast analytics on all their data.
Starburst provides a modern solution that addresses these data silo & speed of access problems. Starburst helps enterprises harness the value of open source Trino (formerly PrestoSQL), the fastest distributed query engine available today, by adding the tools and 24x7 support that meet the needs for big data access at scale. Ultimately, Starburst helps organizations run analytics anywhere to make better business decisions.
Are you a skilled designer and research enthusiast pursuing a future in user experience? The UX team at Starburst Data is seeking a summer intern to help make an impact in the lives of our customers through customer research, user data, and iterative prototyping to deliver amazing designs. You will apply your education and refine your design and research skills with hands-on experience.
Throughout your internship, you’ll partner with and be mentored by senior UX designers, and work closely with the product team, engineering, and writers. We expect that you’ll complete the internship with a quality piece you can showcase in your portfolio.
This paid internship will span 12 weeks in Summer 2021.
- Collaborate with product managers, engineers, and writers.
- Participate in user research and interaction studies.
- Translate requirements into user journeys, wireframes, and prototypes.
- Interpret user feedback and provide recommendations to direct design decisions.
- Currently pursuing or recent graduate of a degree in User Experience, HCI, or related field.
- An online portfolio of recent work.
- Experience applying user-centered design methodologies.
- Experience with design and prototyping tools (including Figma).
- The ability to work independently in a remote capacity, as well as within a team environment.
- Experience creating visual designs.
- Experience with HTML and CSS.
Headquartered in Boston MA with offices in Warsaw and London and employees across Europe and the Americas, we are committed to hiring where the talent is.
Starburst Data, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.