About the role:
Aurora Solar is a fast-growing Series C company focused on building a clean energy future for all. Aurora makes the software that is enabling society to transition to a world powered by solar power. We want every solar installation in the world to pass through our software, which has already been used to design millions of solar projects. Named one of “The Best Places To Work in 2021” by BuiltInSF.com and awarded #1 Solar Software platform by Solar Power World, Aurora is disrupting the energy industry and changing the course of history. We are experiencing hockey stick growth and are looking for A-players to come join and accelerate the fun.
About our team:
The design team at Aurora is made up of product designers, a communication designer, and a researcher who work hand in hand with our partners in product management, engineering, customer success, and marketing to create Aurora’s market-defining products. As a UX researcher at Aurora Solar, you will help our partners get closer to our customers and enable the company to move faster and smarter.
If you thrive at the intersection of data, design, and storytelling, enjoy discovering insights, and directing through rapport, then let’s talk!
We are a diverse team based in San Francisco, passionate about advancing the growth of solar energy. If you are looking for a stimulating and fulfilling role, come join us!
What you'll do:
- Bring clean energy to more people
- Conduct generative and evaluative research studies that shape product decisionsAdvocate research insights to diverse audiences through various mediums
- Partner with your fellow Aurorans to plan research strategies with appropriate methodologies designed to guide and inform key business decisions
- Translate data and insights into concrete strategy and design direction
- Convey results and opportunities in clear, concise, and compelling ways to business stakeholders and team members
- Conduct workshops and exercises to engage stakeholders and build a more intimate knowledge of our customers
What we value:
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Human-Centered Design, Human Factors, Cognitive Psychology, or similar experience
- History of conducting research with demonstrated impact, using both qualitative and quantitative methods
- Familiarity with recruitment, discovery, usability testing, moderation, synthesis, and socializing actionable insights
- Knowledge of agile/scrum methodologiesExcellent communication skills with a strong grasp on how to clearly, concisely, and persuasively convey research findings
- Strong portfolio of previous work that exemplifies your impact through research
- Passion for technology and its impact on human behavior
Aurora is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workforce of people who believe in and are passionate about creating a future of solar energy for all. We are an equal opportunity employer, we welcome and consider qualified applicants regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. We encourage you to apply even if you believe that you do not meet all of the above criteria!
For San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.