Apply for this job
Mejuri is a direct-to-consumer approach to buying jewellery for the modern woman. We are about making luxury a habit – disrupting the traditional jewellery industry to make fine jewellery affordable and empowering women to purchase for themselves. Series B funded, and one of the fastest growing global digital brands, we are backed by strong VC investors such as Natalie Massenet’s Imaginary Ventures, NEA and Felix Capital.
We focus on perfecting every customer touchpoint, creating the best digital and in-store experiences and content that is conversational and engaging. We are a team of designers, writers, technologists and strategists, and we are looking for someone special to join our team and help us make luxury fun and accessible.
“Mejuri redefines personal jewelry decisions” – Forbes
“75 per cent of Mejuri’s customers are women buying for themselves, and 30 per cent make repeat purchases each month. Among those filling their virtual baskets? Lizzo, Selena Gomez, Margot Robbie and Oprah Winfrey.” – British Vogue
We're seeking an experienced Senior UX Researcher to join our Digital Product team. As our first resident UX Researcher, you will be standing up a research practice that informs and validates design decisions across multiple problem spaces. You will be a trusted partner who brings strategic and actionable insights in how we ideate, build, and iterate the best-in-class digital products and experiences. You’re not only knowledgeable in a wide range of research methodologies and excel at exploring user behaviour and motivation, you’re an effective advocate for our customers, and committed to enhance their shopping experience with us. This role will report to Senior Director, Digital Product Design.
- Lead an extensive and proactive UX research program that strengthens our design process and improves our web and overall omnichannel experience
- Collaborate closely with the Digital Product team and develop well-crafted research plans with clear objectives for generative and evaluative initiatives
- Conduct end to end research projects utilizing a variety of methodologies: from research planning and recruitment, data collection and analysis, to presentation of insights, etc
- Incorporate business and technical requirements into research, work cross-functionally with Marketing, Creative, Merchandising, Data, Engineering, Customer Happiness, Retail to understand their needs and values
- Translate qualitative and quantitative findings into actionable recommendations for the team–including journey maps, archetypes, principles, considerations, etc
- Influence the design outcomes by being present and resourceful in reviews; draw insights from ongoing research and other industry benchmarks to inform decision making
- Act as the conduit between the company and UX Research; communicate research insights compellingly and promote experiment results effectively to a cross-functional audience
- Establish UX benchmarking and define specific metrics to assess how the design is progressing over time and where it fails compared to competitors
- Manage OKR tracking, budget, external vendors, knowledge management in an organized manner to ensure a smooth-running operation
The successful candidate will have:
- 5+ years of relevant UX research experience (preferably within a product development organization and/or an e-commerce environment)
- Portfolio or case studies that demonstrate your UXR methods, skills, and process
- Entrepreneurial spirit and agile mindset
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Strong management skills (you’re extremely organized)
- Expertise in different methodologies: interviews, surveys, concept testing, usability benchmarking, ethnographic studies, card sorting, participatory design, experiments (A/B testing), etc.
- Experience with different research tools and services to carry out your projects
Mejuri is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Mejuri welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.