OCUS produces high-quality, custom visual content at scale for international brands by relying on a global community of over 20,000 photographers. Product-driven, we use state of the art tech to make the whole process seamless both for brands and image creators. OCUS is at the growth stage and we are looking for a UX Researcher to join the Research team within Product.
Your objective will be to build ongoing user empathy and inform product and design decisions throughout the development cycle. In addition, you will help develop and implement practices to internally democratise research, provide research support to business teams, and empower all OCUS team members to make insight informed decisions.
You will contribute by...
Collaborating with the product, design, and business teams to infuse a research-driven user-centric mindset into all decision making in a fast-paced environment.
As an individual research contributor:
- Identifying, delivering, and documenting appropriate research and design targets that best align with project needs, including creative methods and recruitment strategies where required
- Exploring a range of user research methodologies to deliver discovery, exploratory, confirmatory, and strategic outputs
- Planning, coordinating, and conducting research projects from end to end specifically including usability tests, user interviews, and prototype testing
- Communicating research for impact by sharing findings with both product experts and non-experts through written reports and oral presentations
- Supporting new and existing research initiatives, participating in research project instigation, and team prioritisation exercises
- Iterating and improving research team processes and deliverables
- Helping to grow and mature Research at OCUS by advocating the value of user insights and creating lasting artefacts to build a 'repository' of research-based knowledge
Your professional and educational background:
- 2-3+ years of product research experience doing hands-on user research activities is preferred
- At least a bachelor’s degree in Cognitive Science, Psychology, HCI, or a similar field with a preference for formal UX educational training
- Familiarity with qualitative and quantitative research methods
- Proficiency with usability tests, prototype tests, and user interviews including writing scripts, moderating, interpreting, and sharing findings to relevant teams
- Knowledge of best practices in usability as it applies to Web sites and on-line applications
- Knowledge of research tools and software with the adaptability to 'work with what you have available'
- Able to iterate quickly and be a reliable partner in the product development process
- Ability to prioritize projects, communicate progress, and deliver on time
- Fluency in English with additional languages a plus
- Creating user experience maps, journeys, personas, and task and workflow models
- Executing in-depth interviews, heuristic evaluations, online experiments (A/B testing), competitor reviews, card sorting, information architecture, task analysis, general and functional benchmarking, etc.
- Humility, structure, passion, sense of humor, and action-oriented attitude
- Creative ability to envision and articulate the user experience
- Adaptable and self-sufficient
- Dependable and reliable
- Team-player mindset, comfortable working in a multi-disciplinary team
Why apply? We are a team made up of 100+ passionate people, from 20+ nationalities. We're based in Paris, Singapore and New York and are remote friendly. We love photography and imagery at large (obviously), but also music, and our dog Pocus. You'll feel in your ideal workplace if you value ownership, open-mindedness, transparency, creativity + if you love to learn in fast-paced environment and have a radical drive for excellence