UX Research Specialist
Lucid is looking for a UX Research Specialist/Coordinator to help with the way we innovate, design, and optimize our products through user feedback, testing, validation, and other learnings. This role will help facilitate and run research projects, programs, knowledge sharing, and repositories. The following responsibilities will be shared by the three Research Coordinators, with the opportunity to carve out and grow areas of focus or speciality among the Coordinators.
- Stay up to date on research methods, trends, and tools
- Recruit participants for all research efforts
- Determine/recommend the best possible recruitment source for a given study (understanding the pros and cons of each research method)
- Schedule research sessions (interviews, etc.)
- Troubleshoot/adapt to any recruitment issues as they arrive and communicate to team as necessary
- Co-manages team’s research tools/equipment, software/licenses, documentation, repository, etc. with other research coordinators.
- Establish best practices for participant recruitment
- Proactively report out key research data
- Proactively communicate with product team regarding status of research efforts
- Develop and manage participant panel growth strategies
- Own participant compensation (if applicable)
- Own product-level research repository and how research is shared across teams
- Onboard new product PMs/UX to research methods
- Partner with other Lucid research efforts (Sales, Marketing, Customer Support, etc.)
- Follows/maintains legal, accessibility, and other compliance requirements with research.
- Other duties as assigned
- Extremely organized and detail oriented.
- Collaborates/communicates well with UX Designers, Product Managers, Marketing, product users/research participants, and vendors (if applicable).
- Ability to juggle multiple research projects and phases across multiple product teams.
- Passionate about user research, user-centered design, and software design.
- Proactive in addressing issues and solving problems that might come up in the logistical planning and execution of a research plan.
- Empathetic, curious, and open-minded
- At least 2 years experience in a UX Researcher or Research Coordination role
- Experience with research tools/software like UserZoom, Maze, EnjoyHQ
- Experience with multiple forms of user research methods.
- Experience in a software technology company, working with Product Design and Product Management roles.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree (preferably in related field such as Psychology, HCI, Design, Human Factors, Software Engineering, Sociology)