CareJourney’s mission is to empower individuals and organizations they trust with open, clinically-relevant analytics and insights in the pursuit of the optimal healthcare journey. We are a fast-growing start-up in Arlington, VA that builds software products to serve industry-leading customers that include Pfizer, Humana, and Microsoft. Our founders and leadership developed the policy and technology in the public and private sector that shape the work we do today. We are looking for driven professionals that are excited to join a growing business where they will have a strong voice in the direction and success of the company. Our culture embraces teamwork and cross-functional collaboration for a fun and exciting environment.
CareJourney is seeking a UX Designer for our team based in our Arlington, VA office. CareJourney products play two roles:
1. informing value based care network design for healthcare providers, health plans and accountable care organizations; and
2. enabling performance management workflow to ensure those networks succeed in the value based care contracts they enter.
This role can be based out of our Arlington, VA office or as a remote opportunity.
- Cultivate a deep understanding of CareJourney’s existing product UX across platforms and ensure any future iterations are executed with reverence for a cohesive experience
- Own and develops design solutions from an idea to execution
- Foster a deeply collaborative design process with our other Designers, Product Managers, and Engineers as you work towards goals and requirements
- Develop detailed user flows, site maps, wireframes, and other UX deliverables to communicate user flow and interaction clearly to relevant teams
- Ensure your experiences consider a wide spectrum of users, giving special attention to accessibility and inclusive design
- Quickly iterate on your designs based on feedback from peers and from learnings found in user testing/feature response
- Capture all states, cases, and functional logic for engineering teams to execute on
- Contribute to a strong product culture of continuous development and rapid test and learn
- Advocate for the user and leverage the latest technologies to innovate and design the best-in-class user experiences, all while supporting business goals
- 4+ years of software UX Design experience working on consumer-focused software products
- Degree in HCI, Visual Design, or Public Health desirable
- Must be familiar with agile software development and lean UX processes
- Elevated attention to detail, excellent listening skills, critical thinkingExperience in a startup environment desirable
- Excellent communication skills with a proven track record presenting designs and articulating design decisions to both cross-functional teams and stakeholders
- Experience in or passion for the Healthcare industry is a plus. Specific experience with population health, healthcare services research, value based care is preferred.
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Tableau, MicroStrategy, PowerBI, Looker, etc. is a plus
- Proficiency in leading design software such as Figma, InVision, and Adobe Creative Suite
- A basic understanding of HTML/CSS is a plus
- Submission of a strong UX portfolio which includes wireframes and other common UX Design artifacts. Portfolio should show proficiency in UI design.
About CareJourney – Headquartered in Arlington, VA, CareJourney currently supports leading payer, provider, and life sciences organizations across the US in achieving their goals by wringing new, high value insights out of expansive population claims data. Through our solutions, we provide members with interactive dashboards around network design and management, care model management, patient risk segmentation and cohort analysis, spend and utilization trends, network integrity, low-value care, and provider, practice and facility (acute and post-acute) performance. Founded in 2014, CareJourney is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Please visit us at www.carejourney.com for more.