About the Role
As our Product Designer for the Gojek Groceries Design team, you’ll help design the largest and most preferred grocery service in Indonesia and beyond. In this role, you’ll get your hands dirty in shaping unique, user-centric experiences for our customers, partners, and retailers, laying out the design wireframe and flows for the various products and features you’ll own. With the talented troops in the Product, Engineering, Data Science, Research and Content strategy teams, you’ll identify new design opportunities, create and test concepts, and deliver end-to-end solutions that are functional, usable, and distinctive. Your designs will impact every one of our Gojek users who use our grocery products daily, and our driver-partner family who keep our platform running.
What You Will Do
- Work with UX researchers to identify users’ needs and understand how users consume and navigate their way through the app
- Plan and design wireframe/flow for the project/feature you are working on
- Come up with ways to validate the design, and collaborate with the Research and Insight team to execute it
- Collaborate and coordinate with Interaction designers, copywriters, creative, business, stakeholders and engineering to deliver user-centric solutions
- Set up UX frameworks to help other designers work efficiently
- Measure and iterate on your developed product once it’s live based on product OKRs
- Work with the Research and Data teams to measure the KPIs that determine the dataset we should be measuring to gauge success
- With Engineers, conduct a series of daily/weekly stand-ups and QAs to ensure solutions are on par with design and are bug-free
What You Will Need
- At least 3 years of experience in the Product design field, ideally working on consumer-facing, large-scale products
- Fluency in the latest product design trends, tools, and technology across platforms (iOS and Android)
- Strong data analytics capabilities in order to utilize analytics tools (such as Excel, Google Data Studio, and CleverTap)
- Ability to learn quickly, teach yourself new skills, and thrive within a complex, fast-paced environment
- Deep empathy and interest in keeping your customers point of view in the forefront, constantly bringing questions back to what will serve them best
- Ability to balance having a sharp attention to detail while seeing the big picture
- Ability to act as a product design thought partner with agile and cross-functional teams
- Tenacity to get your hands dirty to find out the root cause of an issue, or to validate your design, either through quantitative or qualitative research
About the Team
The Gojek Design Team is made up of around a hundred designers spread across two countries and seven teams. Our members come from a wide range of backgrounds, and are experts in Graphic Design, Interaction Design, Product Design, UX Writing, Illustration, Service Design, UX Research, and Motion Design. Together we envision, create, and support products and services that meaningfully improve the lives of our customers.
We’ve come a long way since 2015, when we were a small central team of 15 designers working to build and support products scaling at an unprecedented rate. Since then, we’ve grown with the rest of the organization in bringing to life over 24 different products. Various obstacles presented themselves, from the actual design process, ensuring we weren’t a bottleneck, to fostering a design-based philosophy throughout the company. Since then, we’ve been educating everyone around us on the importance of design, and why it makes sense to start with the users and work backwards. We’ve continuously evolved our design processes, improved the quality of our outcomes, expanded our reach within the organization, and relentlessly advocated for our customers.
As a team, we’re concerned not only with the growth of the company, but each other’s personal growth and well-being, too; we enjoy bonding over our shared love of good food, easy home recipes, and the best places to eat in our cities. When we aren't working, you'd probably find us catching up with each other over Zoom, binging the latest Netflix dramas, or cooking up a storm with fresh ingredients we ordered through Groceries ;)
Gojek is a Super App. It’s one app for ordering food, commuting, digital payments, shopping, hyper-local delivery, and dozen other products. It is Indonesia’s first and only decacorn. It's also the only Southeast Asian startup to be part of Fortune's list of 'Companies That Changed The World.'
Our Mission: To create and scale positive socio-economic impact for our customers, driver-partners, business and MSMEs.
As of 2018, Gojek processed more than $9 billion annualised gross transaction value across all markets where it operates - in Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam and Indonesia. We have the largest food delivery product in Asia, (outside of China), and the largest payments wallet in Southeast Asia.
Our investors include Google, Facebook, PayPal, Sequoia Capital, Tencent Holdings among others.
Gojek is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, education status, or any other legally protected status.