Senior UX Researcher
Tempo is a next-generation home fitness system – and the first and only weight training solution that can track your motion and use that data to give you a richer, more effective, and safer workout in live and on-demand classes. Using 3D sensors and A.I., Tempo enables expert coaches to correct your form and provide targeted feedback in real-time. Our flagship product is a combination hardware, software, and content-streaming device that packages an immersive 42” touchscreen display, competition-grade weight set, and other accessories in a sleek, free-standing industrial design.
Tempo is thriving and we’re experiencing growth of over 300% in sales. Headquartered in San Francisco, Tempo's all-star team includes alumni from Google, YouTube, Netflix, Airbnb, Pixar, and Orangetheory, backed by $300 Million in funding from Softbank, General Catalyst, Norwest Venture Partners, Founders Fund, Khosla Ventures, DCM, and Signal Fire.
We are looking for an experienced UX researcher to join the Tempo team. You will reveal what our users need from our products by conducting research, working with cross-functional teams, and performing usability studies. These responsibilities also include delivering verbal and written presentations, evaluating qualitative and quantitative data, and helping the Product team better understand what would make a user’s experience more intuitive, accessible, and seamless.
- Conduct and evaluate quantitative and qualitative research.
- Perform market and ethnographic research.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to identify and evaluate research topics.
- Plan and implement user research strategies and methodologies.
- Perform usability studies with consumers.
- Five or more years of UX research experience
- Bachelor’s or MS in a human behavior related field (or equivalent and demonstrable work experience)
- Ability to quickly and effectively share research results
- Ability to perform all research-related tasks including research, planning, evaluating, and iteration
- Ability to collaborate effectively with stakeholders and act as a strategic partner in product decisions
- Experience with remote testing tools
- A strong desire for creative problem-solving with a positive attitude
- Excellent time-management skills
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Collaborative start-up culture with a close-knit team and the opportunity to build from the ground up
- Tremendous opportunities for growth
- 401k to eligible employee
- Wellness Benefit