Senior UX Researcher
We believe that we are better together, and at Tripadvisor we welcome you for who you are. Our workplace is for everyone, as is our people powered platform. At Tripadvisor, we want you to bring your unique identities, abilities, and experiences, so we can collectively revolutionize travel and together find the good out there.
We strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please make sure to reach out to your individual recruiter or our team at email@example.com.
Are you energized by meeting new people? Do you love travel? Why not combine those passions by working with Viator, the world’s leading platform for tours and experiences? Viator is a growing platform within the Tripadvisor family, focusing on delivering memorable, exciting tours and experiences around the world.
Viator’s research team seeks an experienced researcher to work on projects across the Viator business with a focus on Product UX. Research projects range from exploratory to evaluative, from focus groups to usability testing. You will be working with a cross-functional team who is tasked with identifying and testing new approaches to acquiring site visitors. The team will be focused on rapid deployment and testing of these approaches, so experience with nimble research approaches is key.
The right candidate will be experienced in qualitative methods such as focus groups, in-depth interviewing, and usability testing, experienced with designing and analyzing surveys, passionate about research and travel, comfortable in a fast moving organization, and excited to collaborate.
This role is available to hire in or Lisbon Office.
What you’ll do:
- Actively participate in cross-functional team discussions to identify and define new campaigns to reach new customers
- Define research strategy and manage multiple projects across a variety of methodologies
- Design from scratch and conduct qualitative studies (usability studies, click-tests etc.), analyze data, and share findings
- Create and field surveys, analyze responses, and report findings
- Use your creativity and breadth of your research toolkit to determine the best method for each study, gathering insights from a variety of audiences.
- Maintain ongoing research initiatives including projects with external research vendors
- Communicate research findings internally in clear and compelling ways
- Work cross-functionally with design, marketing, and product management leadership
What we are looking for?
- Minimum BA/BS degree in psychology, communication, statistics or other related field
- Advanced degree in HCI or other behavioral or social sciences a plus
- 5+ years of professional applied research experience
- Extensive experience with qualitative research methods
- Experience with quantitative research methods (e.g. surveying) and basic statistics
- Experience working with social media and/or social network sites
- Detail oriented and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to present clear results
- Ability to ask, and answer, meaningful and impactful questions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Speaking French and/or German is a plus