Senior UI Designer
Who we are:
Bixal is a mission-driven, woman-owned small business determined to improve people's lives through human-centered strategies and transformative technologies, with a firm belief that everyone has the right to an effective government.
We deliver on this belief by partnering with leading Federal agencies to design, develop, and deliver powerful customer experiences through holistic digital product solutions and strategic communications initiatives––bringing a high standard and unique creative energy to our clients––and our wonderfully diverse culture is what makes it all possible.
Bixal unites different people with different perspectives from all over the world! We provide our team with an open and empowered environment where collaboration thrives and solutions flourish.
During the Coronavirus pandemic, all interviews are being conducted virtually and all team members are working remotely. This role will be able to work remotely but we would ideally like someone in the DMV area so they are able to attend client meetings as needed once the threat of COVID has subsided.
What will you do?
We are looking for a talented, creative and experienced Senior UI Designer to create amazing user experiences. The ideal candidate should have an eye for clean and artful design, possess superior UI skills and be able to translate high-level requirements and structural design into interaction flows and artifacts, and transform them into beautiful, intuitive, functional and on brand user interfaces. The Senior UI Designer reports to the Creative Director, and will work closely with the User Experience Designers, Content Writers, Developers and Project Managers.
- Producing the design and production for websites, product graphics, web logos, social media graphics and banners, static and rich banner ads, email campaigns, and email templates. While some projects may require directing external resources, the role is expected to be hands-on.
- Translating offline/online Marketing strategies into effective designs.
- Working with internal and external developers to ensure aesthetics are aligned with usability, accessibility, and web standards.
- Working with developers to ensure proper implementation within a web environment and ensure consistency and integrity of the creative vision.
- Working with the VP of UX and Design, and the Creative Director to translate and create marketing requirements into compelling, appropriate campaigns and designs.
- Managing and producing digital design work.
- Translating wireframes into simple, easy-to-use User Interfaces.
- Ensuring consistency of brand and creative across digital customer touch points.
- Providing design support to other business lines to create product graphics, logos, identity design, or other similar offline graphics.
- Functioning as liaison for technical understanding between client, software team, and Creative teams.
- Provide training and support to junior designers
- Partner with Design Leadership to resolve issues and maintain quality of deliverables
- Work with Design Leadership and Project Management to identify scope and timelines for assigned projects as necessary
- Assist with user research, interviews, surveys and usability studies
- Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of related design experience, preferably from an agency
- Bixal does not provide sponsorship at this time
- Ability to undergo and pass a public trust clearance
- A strong portfolio of design work, showing solutions to business problems through effective design
- Ability to lead and direct design thinking for a wide range of products
- Team management skills
- Ability to perform under minimal supervision
- Strong knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and Sketch
- Knowledge of the Web Design process, front end development and UX/UI skills
- Working knowledge of Drupal and HTML skills are a plus
- Strong work ethic and personal accountability
- Good people skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Effective presentation skills and experience presenting to senior level management and stakeholders
Nice to Haves:
- Experience working with component libraries and/or design systems – either serving on a design system team focusing on evolving and growing the design system through a rigorous and systemic approach to designing out elements and components, or working with an existing design system to implement digital products.
Perks & Benefits:
Competitive base salary
Work from home flexibility
401K with matching incentive
Flex Spending Account
Company provided short-term disability
Company provided life insurance
Professional development opportunities
New Business referral bonus
No recruiters or agencies please. Bixal is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a safe, inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds.