VP Product Design
Flo is an AI-powered health and wellbeing app for women and girls, which supports them during their entire reproductive period. Using cutting-edge technology, we combine scientific knowledge, clinical experience, and the power of community to improve the health and wellbeing of every girl and woman worldwide every day. Already 40 million women and girls use Flo monthly in order to make healthier choices and live a well-balanced life, with nearly 7 million in the US alone making Flo #1 period tracker for American women and girls. Since August Flo has been the most downloaded Health app in the App Store.
As our design team starts to scale, we're looking for a VP Product Design to build out a world class team and evolve the global product design function to ensure an outstanding experience to our users. You will be responsible for a growing team of designers who are working collaboratively with researchers, engineers and products to evolve and improve the experience across our product. We need this person to be able to juggle the responsibility of growing a team, while also being hands-on with design.
- Leading a team of Product Designers focused on Flo's product, information architecture and design system
- Evolving Flo design: making it stunning, modern and easy to use
- Setting a high bar for quality of UX and visuals, help teams to deliver it to user with high velocity
- Establishing and maintaining discovery & brainstorming workshops and processes
- Growing and mentoring your team of Product Designers
- Recruit and interview new Product Designers, define and actively involve in the hiring process
- Work with Product Management, UX Research, Engineering, Marketing and C-Level to align on product vision and deliver stunning results
- 3+ years of experience in managing a team of designers.
- A demonstrable foundation in visual design, UX and design ideation.
- Experience methodically developing designers’ skills
- You have experience of designing mobile apps
- Experience leading design sprints, ideation exercises and brainstorming sessions.
- Ability to balance between speed and quality, experiments in design.