About the Role
The Megaport Product team is responsible for the implementation of the user experience that helps our customers provision and monitor the services delivered by Megaport. The UX/UI designer will be working with the engineering and product teams to deliver an exceptional customer experience that is intuitive and leads to predictable outcomes.
We are looking for a talented UX/UI Designer to create amazing user experiences. The ideal candidate should have an eye for clean design, possess superior UI skills and be able to translate high-level requirements into interaction flows and functional user interfaces.
Please note, this is a remote, 6 months fixed-term contract role based in Australia.
Megaport has transformed the way IT gets connected. We're global leaders in Network as a Service (NaaS), changing the way businesses reach the cloud. We're also a leading partner to Amazon, Microsoft, Google, IBM, Oracle, NYSE, and many other leading technology companies. Megaport is a publicly traded company on the Australian Stock Exchange with a market cap exceeding $1.5 Billion. We’re a lean, high-achieving team made up of over 180 members globally. While the company is headquartered in Brisbane, Australia, employees are spread out across North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific. Staff enjoy an environment that is collaborative, supportive, and fun.
Our Team Culture
Join a team of globally-positioned industry experts that lead by example. We do not compromise our values for commercial gain; we are all custodians of our culture, and the customer is at the centre of everything we do. Our employees are motivated, adaptable, persistent, hard-working, and dynamic. Our culture permeates everything we do and this, in turn with a global vision, forms a commitment to each other, our customers, and shareholders alike.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Collaborate with product management and engineering to define and implement innovative solutions for product direction, visuals and experience.
- Execute all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off.
- Conceptualise original ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex design roadblocks.
- Create wireframes, user flows, and process flows to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas.
- Present and defend designs and key milestone deliverables to peers and executive level stakeholders.
- Conduct user research through interviews, surveying and testing to incorporate user feedback into design solutions.
- Promote design guidelines, best practices and standards.
What We Are Looking For
- 5+ years of user interface design experience.
- Strong background in: the design of products focused at the enterprise IT segment.
- Demonstrable UI/UX design skills with a strong portfolio.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and self-manage projects while communicating clearing to stakeholders across departments.
- Solid experience in creating wireframes, storyboards, and user flows.
- Experience in collecting and synthesizing data from user feedback through interviews, surveys, testing, etc.
- Proficiency in Figma or Sketch.
- Understanding of modern website development technologies such as single page applications, design systems and component libraries.
- Ability to present your designs and sell your solutions to various stakeholders.
- Understanding of enterprise or cloud networking principles would be a valued skill.
- BS/MS in Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction Design, or related certification.
What We Offer
- Flexible working environments
- Birthday Leave
- Generous study and training allowance + development opportunities + 5 days paid study leave
- Creative, fun, and contemporary workspaces
- Motivated team of industry experts and new talent
- Celebrated success with ‘Legend’ and ‘Kudos’ Awards
- Health and wellness program
- Opportunities for career growth and potential for global intra-company transfers for interested candidates
All applications will be treated in confidence.
Candidates who meet the selection criteria will be invited to attend an interview
Strictly no Recruitment Agencies please.