Leading the future of luxury mobility
Lucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
At Lucid Motors, we are relentlessly focused on providing a best-in-class digital experience at every step of the customer journey.
We’re seeking a UI / UX Designer with a passion for creating exceptional online experiences that facilitate progression through the customer journey. Someone with a growth mindset that can help evolve how our audience discovers, engages with, transacts with, and ultimately advocates for the brand through LucidMotors.com and other web properties.
The ideal candidate has extensive experience delivering appealing customer focused designs with clarity and innovation. They have a passion for working with internal stakeholders, customers, and customer insights to gather potential improvements and a demonstrated ability to deliver designs with impact.
As the UX/UI designer, you will be responsible for all designs related to lucidmotors.com web initiatives. You will be responsible for outlining a design system, creating and maintaining the design roadmap, managing and prioritizing the design backlog, representing the needs of the audience, anticipating the needs of the business, and establishing a friction-free customer journey to delight and engage prospects and owners.
- Create designs to drive adoption of luxury electric vehicles
- Collaborate with stakeholders to deliver an exceptional user experience, with a primary focus on the lucidmotors.com web and mobile properties
- Understand the customer journey, including the customer’s wants, needs and desires at every stage
- Strive to remove friction at all points in the process
- Design web and mobile assets that reflect Lucid’s design philosophy of exceptional performance with a luxury viewpoint
- Ensure the resulting designs are clear, unambiguous, follow brand standards, and improve user flow
- Manage the design workflow, prioritizing design activities based on business impact
- Help prioritize the design needs of the group, taking a leadership role in advocating for better design and a cleaner user interface
- Constantly scrutinize the online experience, ensuring that content, site organization, and experiential elements are designed with a customer-first mindset
- Work hands-on with the development team, participating in standups, advocating for design principles and delivering clear well labeled wire-frames, mock-ups, and detailed designs
- Utilize site metrics and analyses, conduct usability studies and other ethnographic research to develop an intimate understanding of customer needs, pain points, and opportunity areas
- A customer-first mindset
- 7+ years experience in digital design, preferably with a luxury brand
- An understanding of UI/UX design for web and mobile, content, editorial strategies, design systems, and agile development methodologies
- Exceptional customer first focus and empathy
- A portfolio of completed digital first and mobile projects (submit link with application)
- Experience translating user testing to improved experiences
- The ability to translate business needs into concise and detailed requirements
- Mastery of design tools such as Figma, Photoshop, Sketch, etc.
- Experience with web analysis tools such as Crazy Egg, Hotjar or Full Story
- Experience working in an agile environment, delivering solutions both in cadence and as needed
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- A self-starter mindset who thrives in ambiguous and rapidly changing situations
- A proven track record of taking initiative to suggest and implement new ideas
- A passion for solving problems creatively and proactively - You take initiative, anticipate, and prepare more than you wait around and react.
- A passion for and working knowledge of automobiles, EVs, and the future of mobility
- Experience in luxury or high-tech industries
Be part of something amazing
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.