Senior UX Researcher
Contentsquare is a global SaaS technology company that empowers brands to build better digital experiences for all. Not to brag but… we have been recognized by Gartner as one of the four most innovative e-commerce technologies in the world, and featured in Wired Magazine as one of Europe’s hottest startups.
Contentsquare has 8 main offices across the world (Paris, NYC, London, Tel Aviv, Munich, Tokyo, Singapore & San Francisco) with 750+ clients globally including many accounts from the global Fortune 100. We’ve been experiencing tremendous growth as our team has grown from ~300 to over 850+ employees globally, and raised a $500M Series E funding in May 2021, the biggest total VC funding ever for a French start-up! This announcement garnered more than 350 media placements globally.
We can tell you that this growth is not going to stop here as we are anticipating to hire 1,500+ positions globally within the next few years and are looking for talented people like you - unique, ambitious, and enthusiastic - to join us and help us continue to innovate and improve user experience. YOU keep us going and your creativity drives us to be a better company. Come join the #CSquad family!
We are hiring a passionate Senior UX researcher (minimum 5 years experience) to reinforce our scaling Design organization and grow our research team.
At Contentsquare, user researchers are responsible for supporting teams in planning, designing and carrying out continuous research activities to gain a deep understanding of how people use Contentsquare products to inform design choices so that Contentsquare products achieve strategic intent by delivering the right value for the right user.
Also, user research is responsible for sharing, organizing and maintaining user knowledge.
Permanent Contract, position to be filled ASAP.
About the team
We are working on cool projects with caring and smart people. We are currently 15 in our growing Product Design team. Few highlights that we specifically like:
• Designing a UX analytics platform, with a wide range of high level UX problematics to tackle
• Working in a multicultural and passionate team with diverse design approaches
• Collaborating following an organized and agile design process described in our Design Playbook
• Using modern design tools like Figma for mockups and Dovetail for user research
• Learning advanced design techniques like OOUX
• Following the full design process from Problem Definition to Solutionning to Design Delivery, collaborating with other designers, PM, Devs & QA
• Evolving in an environment that promotes fresh management, collaboration and organizational practices inspired from Holacracy model
• Building a full stack Design System standardizing from design tokens to UI elements up to flows and UX writing
Key skills & requirements
• You have 5+ years of experience in practicing User research as your primary skill
• Research skills. You understand and have experience in a range of user research methods. You can choose appropriate methods for different stages of product life cycles and situations. You know how to apply methods correctly.
• Mentorship & collaboration: You believe collaboration is key and you have experience helping team members (designers, PM,…) grow their research skills
• Analysis and synthesis. You can turn research data into clear findings that can be used to make informed decisions. You know how to involve colleagues in analysis to increase consensus and challenge assumptions.
• Research planning: You are autonomous in planning and executing formative as well as summative studies in collaboration with project stakeholders.
• Strategic insight. You understand organizational strategy and objectives. You can align user research activities with objectives to create strategic insights that inform design choices and new features propositions.
• User-centric and agile practices. You understand user-centric design practices and know-how to apply them to an agile workflow to deliver timely findings. You can work in an open, iterative and collaborative way in a multidisciplinary team.
• People describe you as an autonomous, rigorous and organized person.
• You have the desire to work in a B2B / SAAS technology context.
• You are fluent in English (spoken + written).
• You want to contribute to the structuration and industrialization of our research activities.
Nice to have
• You have knowledge of data-heavy products, analytics and/or data visualization.
• You are familiar with psycho-cognitive models and theories
• You have knowledge in accessibility.
• You have experience in using insights repositories such as Dovetail, Aurelius, or Airtable
• You are familiar with Opportunity Solution Tree (OST) framework
Why Should You Apply to Contentsquare?
✅ Our mission is focused on empowering everyone to create better experiences for all in the digital world.
✅ We invest in our employees through career development & opportunities, social events, philanthropic activities, and competitive benefits.
✅ You get to collaborate with and learn from smart and creative people around the globe.
✅ We are in this together #TeamSpirit.
To keep our employees happy and motivated, we are always assessing the benefits/perks we offer to ensure we are competitive. Here are some we’d like to highlight:
- Virtual onboarding, Hackathon, and our annual kickoff trip on a global basis! You have the opportunity to interact with our global colleagues.
- Generous paid time-off policy (every location is different)
- We offer many benefits in various countries -- ask your recruiter for more information!
- Competitive parental leave policy (it can vary depending on geographic locations)
- Fun office culture with a big opportunity to make an impact on our growing global team, culture, including a Culture - Crew for every country to organize regular outings such as game nights, movie nights, and happy hours
#Uniqueness is embedded in our DNA as one of our core values, and we welcome everyone to apply to our positions.
Contentsquare is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Your personal data are used by Contentsquare for recruitment purposes only. Read our Job Candidate Privacy Notice to find out more about data protection at Contentsquare and your rights.