Senior UX Researcher
S4 Capital is a new age/new era digital advertising and marketing services company, leading the way in building integrated teams to bring a full suite of best in class offerings to world renowned brands. Firewood is part of the S4 Capital group. Together, we accomplish amazing work through our people, by remaining agile and in real-time partnership with our clients. We’re bringing together creative and technology deeply rooted in innovation with a disruptive model that breaks down barriers. If you’re intrigued, read on as we may have an interesting match for you.
About the opportunity:
In the Senior UX Researcher you'll split your time across an embedded team to help shape internal products and tools for one of the world's biggest tech companies, and also work on diverse UX/UI projects for Firewood and its clients.
The ideal candidate is resourceful in all conditions, asks the right questions, highly empathetic and delights in the fine details of their craft. They can stay humble while pushing the work forward in an environment that encourages expression, inclusivity, and collaboration.
Sound like you? Let’s talk.
Please note that at this time, we're all working from home due to COVID-19. Once the company decides to resume normal office operations, your time will be spent in one of our offices in New York, with some potential visits with our clients and a little travel – though frequency is subject to change based on business needs and general health and safety considerations. To be considered for this role, applicants must have current work authorization for the country of the role to which they have applied.
Responsibilities will include:
- Lead strategic research initiatives and explore behaviors and motivations through a variety of methods including ethnography, lab studies, diary studies, usability testing, surveys, log analysis and online experiments.
- Create learning and insights output from discovery, audit work and best practices
- Collaborate directly with product teams, designers content strategists and writers to ensure research design supports learning goals.
- Understand and advocate for the user's needs to diverse audiences.
- Collaborate and share best practices across other UXRs and audience research team members.
- Communicate effectively in a cross-functional team, creating and leading presentations to clients and other stakeholders in writing, in person, or over video chat.
- Develop strong client relationships and be seen as a true partner with a deep understanding of their brand and product offerings.
- Consistently produce top-notch research and insights in a fast-pace and collaborative environment.
- Be a champion for our culture and values.
Your experience will include:
- 6-8+ years of hands-on UX research.
- Ability to select the best qualitative and quantitative approaches based on the learning objectives.
- Ability to represent research findings and create empathy for the user across the team and among stakeholders.
- Demonstrated experience in a wide array of research methodologies such as card sorting, ethnography, lab studies, user needs research, usability testing, surveys, log analysis, and online experiments.
- Experience in organization design and/or collaboration dynamics a plus.
- Ability to own and manage projects from concept through execution.
- Exceptional communication skills and experience collaborating through shared documents and presenting work to clients through writing, in person, or over video chat.
- Ability to work quickly through multiple iterations while maintaining strong attention to detail.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- All benefits are effective starting the first day of the month following the start date
- Fully paid medical, dental, and vision insurance for employee and dependent(s)
- A 3% 401(k) match from the start
- 3 weeks of paid time off in the first year (plus paid company holidays)
- Pet insurance for one furry (or feathery) friend
- Career training and learning opportunitiesLearn more about these perks at https://firewoodmarketing.com/careers/
A bit more about us:
- We’re a full-service agency partnering with brands that are changing the world including LinkedIn, Google, and Facebook
- Our approach to every engagement is rooted in mutual respect—our people are everything
- Firewood in the Field, our giving-back platform, provides year round pro bono work and financial support to employee-nominated charities
- Our merger with MediaMonks, the content arm of the S4 family of media companies, means we are now 2000+ employees strong, representing over 57 nationalities in 27 countries.
At this time, all positions are exclusively work from home due to COVID-19. Once the company decides to resume normal office operations, your time will be spent in our offices, though frequency is subject to change based on business needs and general health and safety considerations.