Posted 1 year ago
Apply for this job
Rently is revolutionizing the way renters tour a home! Since 2011, Rently has powered over 15 million renter "self-tours" for over 3500 real estate operators. Rently's technology allows renters to securely check into a vacant property that uses our smart lockbox, smart home, and smart lock technology with a unique one-time access code.
Want to be part of the Rently revolution?
We are looking for a user-experience (UX) designer able to understand our business requirements and any technical limitations, as well as be responsible for conceiving and conducting user research, interviews, and surveys, and translating them into sitemaps, user flows, customer journey maps, wireframes, mockups, and prototypes. The UX designer will also be expected to design the overall functionality of the product, and in order to ensure a great user experience, iterate upon it in accordance with user-testing.
- Empathy in problem-solving.
- Humility to operate as if our assumptions are often wrong and use design experiments to find the truth.
- Curiosity to probe for more details, ask clarifying questions, and, most importantly, to make the unknown known.
- Basic understanding of statistics. Understanding what you are analyzing and if the data truly helps you reveal an answer or expose a problem.
- Easily coachable in an ever-adapting environment.
- Translate concepts into user flows, wireframes, mockups, and prototypes that lead to intuitive user experiences.
- Facilitate the client’s product vision by researching, conceiving, sketching, prototyping, and user-testing experiences for digital products.
- Work as a UX designer within the AGILE SCRUM Framework.
- Design and deliver wireframes, user stories, user journeys, and mockups optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces.
- Identify design problems and devise elegant solutions.
- Make strategic design and user-experience decisions related to core, and new, functions, and features.
- Take a user-centered design approach and rapidly test and iterate your designs.
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders.
- Ask smart questions, take risks, and champion new ideas.
- 2 or more years of UX design experience. Preference will be given to candidates who have experience designing complex solutions for complete digital environments.
- Ability to work with clients to understand detailed requirements and design complete user experiences that meet client needs and vision.
- Extensive experience in using UX design best practices to design solutions, and a deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design.
- A solid grasp of user-centered design (UCD), planning and conducting user research, user testing, A/B testing, rapid prototyping, heuristic analysis, usability, and accessibility concerns.
- Ability to iterate designs and solutions efficiently and intelligently.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to teams and clients.
- A clear understanding of the importance of user-centered design and design thinking.
- Ability to work effectively in a team setting including synthesizing abstract ideas into concrete design implications.
- Be excited about collaborating and communicating closely with teams and other stakeholders via a distributed model, to regularly deliver design solutions for approval.
- Be passionate about resolving user pain points through great design.
- Be open to receiving feedback and constructive criticism.
- Be passionate about all things UX and other areas of design and innovation. Research and showcase knowledge in the industry’s latest trends and technologies.
Pay: Up to $85,000.00 per year
This position will be remote for the short term, but long term will require regular check ins and eventual working from Camarillo office.
Competitive Healthcare options
PTO and sick leave
Partial Gym Reimbursement